Russell 29 Boyd Co 20

Cubster

I called 33-20. I was pretty close. Ha ha. Nice game by both teams. A lot of heart on the field tonight.

This play had no impact on the outcome, but could someone explain to me how a fumbled option pitch becomes an incomplete pass? There is no way the pitch was forward.

From the sideline, it appeared to be a forward lateral. As for Selby, I get the ball in his hands much more than they did. As JB mentioned, I might move him to the backfield and hand it to him as well as get it to him in the short passing game.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called 33-20. I was pretty close. Ha ha. Nice game by both teams. A lot of heart on the field tonight.

This play had no impact on the outcome, but could someone explain to me how a fumbled option pitch becomes an incomplete pass? There is no way the pitch was forward.

I had an excellent look at the play and the refs made the proper call. Incomplete forward pass. The ball did go forward and not backwards.

I had an excellent look at the play and the refs made the proper call. Incomplete forward pass. The ball did go forward and not backwards.

Yup,, I was getting ready to post the same thing.:thumb:

Looks like Russell will compete deep into the year again. Nice effort Boyd Co.

Congrats Devils! We miscued early with the big late hit penalties. I think both calls were legit though and Morris will use film to make his point on control of emotion. Ivan was really upset after the second late hit. I was impressed with the BC QB as he made a lot of plays all over the field. I felt like Tyler really stepped up and lead the team in the second half. Bates and Abrams both made some good cuts for yardage. It was good to get this one under our belt. We need a West Carter game to sharpen our execution.

Who made the 2nd late hit? I think the first one was on Tyler, but didn't see who got called the 2nd time. I agree, we can't have those type of penalites on defense, especially after the first one, when #53 had just sacked their QB on the play.

speaking of #53, I thought Adam is really stepping up his defensive play. He made some nice reads and hits in week 1 against Greenup in their passing attack (despite cramping up in the 2nd half) and last night really limited their sweeps, at least twice bringing the ball carrier down and the other times stringing it out for the Lb's to come up and make a play. Offensively, I agree with Ivan that He and Seth and the rest of the o-line stepped it up and made some nice holes for Abrams and Bates to run through. I think he and the other senior captains are beginning to step up the challenge of being leaders on this year's teams.

Still concerned about our secondary though, but with time hopefully they will keep improving.

Good football game!!!!!!! Jones looked like a man playing with boys. Just ask Selby how hard this kid can hit. Jone took Selby one on one and put BIG #81 on this butt. BC had this game if they score again before half time. Wilson did his job time after time with his running and passing the football. This is a QB to watch, he is a good one.

IVAN you did it again, your adjustments at the half was the differents in this game. Congrats to Russell .

Congratulations to Russell on the win, but also Congratulations to Coach Evans and his team for redeeming themselves a bit and playing hard. I read in the paper that there is 5 Sophomores on the Line...that is young. Boyd has improved and will improve come District time.

Good football game!!!!!!! Jones looked like a man playing with boys. Just ask Selby how hard this kid can hit. Jone took Selby one on one and put BIG #81 on this butt. BC had this game if they score again before half time. Wilson did his job time after time with his running and passing the football. This is a QB to watch, he is a good one.

IVAN you did it again, your adjustments at the half was the differents in this game. Congrats to Russell .

Saw the play you are talking about. Selby was hung up with another Russell defender around the legs, and turned into Jones. Jones hit Selby and knocked him backwards over the other Russell defender. I was 50 feet from the play, saw it all. There is no way Jones is going to "Knock him on his butt" straight up. EXAMPLE#1- I was standing right next to the sideline when Selby caught the short pass from Wilson and ran over two Russell players, before carrying Jones on his back for 7 yards and going out of bounds.....Straight up one on one....Selby wins everytime.

Saw the play you are talking about. Selby was hung up with another Russell defender around the legs, and turned into Jones. Jones hit Selby and knocked him backwards over the other Russell defender. I was 50 feet from the play, saw it all. There is no way Jones is going to "Knock him on his butt" straight up. EXAMPLE#1- I was standing right next to the sideline when Selby caught the short pass from Wilson and ran over two Russell players, before carrying Jones on his back for 7 yards and going out of bounds.....Straight up one on one....Selby wins everytime.

That's all water under the bridge. He said, she said. We will never know the truth.

My opinion....Selby is flat out hard to bring down and Jones is a beast on both sides of the ball. Both are great players.

That's all water under the bridge. He said, she said. We will never know the truth.

My opinion....Selby is flat out hard to bring down and Jones is a beast on both sides of the ball. Both are great players and we gain nothing from the talk.

Truth???? Watch the films. I was 50 ft from the play and know what took place. Jones is an awesome player, but to say he knocked Selby on the butt one on one is far from the truth.

Truth???? Watch the films. I was 50 ft from the play and know what took place. Jones is an awesome player, but to say he knocked Selby on the butt one on one is far from the truth.

I wasn't speaking of that play.

My point about truth was the fact that someone said that Jones could not take him 1 on 1. That will be the last game that those 2 will meet and all we can do it speculate as to what would happen.

I wasn't speaking of that play.

My point about truth was the fact that someone said that Jones could not take him 1 on 1. That will be the last game that those 2 will meet and all we can do it speculate as to what would happen.

You need to read what prompted the response from me. I only said that Jones did not knock Selby on his butt-ONE on ONE, like the post said. I spoke the truth- Saw the play got pics of the play, and also happen to have one of Jones on Selby's back trying to tackle him before Selby carried him out of bounds. Not trying to argue, but facts are facts. These two line up one on one and Jones hits Selby head to head.......Selby wins 9 out of 10 times. IMO- Jones is an awesome athelete from both sides of the ball. Not taking anything away from him. Just proving a point on a post from a Russell fan not speaking the facts.

Selby is close to 300 lbs. Jones is about 210. Jones did hit him and knock him backwards. Not many could do that with or without help. Selby also got Jones really good on a blindside during Wilsons interception return for a TD. Both are tremendous athletes.