Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 29 Boyd Co 20

Featured Replies

After talking with a couple of my Russell buddies, they both said that the game was Boyd's and there was some questionable decisions that cost us. Hate to hear that, but that was their story...One was going for two after second TD...wasnt a game breaker, but changed a little momentum. They also stated trying to run the ball in at the in of half with 10 sec to go was a breaker too, when we could have tried to pass once or even kick a fg. I believe the Staff at Boyd is top notch...just giving you other opinions..I wasnt there.

BCStorm,

I hear what you're saying, but lets be honest about this. Had Boyd County beat Russell it would be considered an upset, and you don't upset teams without taking some risks. Just look at the App State- Michigan game.... sometimes those risks pay off... sometimes they don't. In this case they may have backfired.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps saying Boyd beating Russell would had been a upset, but I disagree if you compare apples to apples...other than maybe the O-Line being so young for Boyd. As of Athletes and positional players, Boyd is just as good as Russell. I believe our Coaches have the same desire to Win and great work ethics as Russell also, so truthfully no upset in my mind.

It would have been a huge upset. Russell still controlled the LOS but Boyds playmakers gave them a lead. When that young line matures and settles in Boyd could give alot of people fits.

Everyone keeps saying Boyd beating Russell would had been a upset, but I disagree if you compare apples to apples...other than maybe the O-Line being so young for Boyd. As of Athletes and positional players, Boyd is just as good as Russell. I believe our Coaches have the same desire to Win and great work ethics as Russell also, so truthfully no upset in my mind.

 

Keep in mind! It would have only taken several play to go the other way and Russell would have gone home 1-1.

 

Upset! Who cares!

Because Crisp, Barker and Wilson are all VERY good football players returning in the backfield. Then you add Selby. If they can get some young kids to perform well enough on the line of scrimmage they will be tough. I thought they could but they did struggle to start the season. As the year goes by I think you will see this team improve alot.

 

Care to tell us why you thought they wouldn't be onetoya?

 

I never thought they wouldn't be good???? For that matter I believe they could possibly be very good. I just threw that out there for BCStorm because I believe they have a talented Head Coach, as well as players, and was wondering if the Lion faithful thought the same.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.