Ryle 52 Newport 14

Einstein70

Just saw the highlights on INC6. Why was Ryle wearing Orange jerseys? Shouldn't they wear white. Newport had Black helmets, red jerseys, and black pants. Ryle had black helmets, orange jerseys, black pants. Looked like it could be a little confusing on TV. Any ruling on this?

Just saw the highlights on INC6. Why was Ryle wearing Orange jerseys? Shouldn't they wear white. Newport had Black helmets, red jerseys, and black pants. Ryle had black helmets, orange jerseys, black pants. Looked like it could be a little confusing on TV. Any ruling on this?

You would think being the away team, they would have to wear white. Orange would be the alternate home jersey. However, I don't know if there is a state ruling for this.

ICN's color isn't that great on screen but I also thought one team should have been in white.

Just imagine if you were color blind. That would be very confusing with similar color jerseys and black helmets. I know there was a player for Dixie years ago that was color blind, and he said he had to really concentrate when they wore similar jerseys. He would usually go by the helmet. However, in this case, that would be extremely hard.

I saw it on TV too, strange that the coaches would think that the two colors were ok together. It's hard to imagine that in this day and age a team doesn't know to wear white or to make sure with the other team that they won't clash. These two don't usually play though so that is probably why. I am sure that Newport and Ryle will get it right next year.

It also was ugly as RYLE played what many would consider to be a dirty game.....at least 3 unsportsmanlike flags (should have been more) thrown on them in the first half alone. Taunting and late hits seemed to be RYLE's m.o.!!! Really like how the RYLE coaches showed class and called two time outs with no more than 45 seconds left in the first half just so they could get another score, after already being up by 4 TD's. Great for RYLE's ego I guess.

No doubt RYLE had the better team on the field in all aspects vs Newport....but it was also very evident that RYLE was "OUT CLASSED" in all aspects vs Newport.

RYLE is a good team, however karma is a strong thing.....I'm sure Boone and Campbell will be ready for them.

How did it get ugly? Good job Raiders.

The unsportsman like conduct fouls were by over eager underclassmen. I can assure you it will be taken care of. I won't go into detail but having a son on the team if you feel Ryle played dirty - look in your own backyard.

You're right....how many times does the guy reacting to the cheapshot draw the penalty.