NKY 6A District

changeup

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle definately is the favorite. In my opinion they will have the best offensive line in the region, possibly best line backer core, and a great kicking game. Look for the raiders to repeat the success of last year.

IMO, he would have treated him the same way he treated Vince Murray. Remember, Corey is a 1-way all-star. Vince Murray was a 2-way all star and player of the year in Northern Kentucky. So, I believe he would have treated both athletes the same. He would have said that he expected Corey to be at mandatory practice. If not, he would go on without him. Tough but equal policy for all and I certainly see both sides of the coin.

What would he have said when Corey said "coach, I've got a chance to get a scholly in baseball so I need to finish out the season"???

He would still expect him to be there for mandatory practices. There would be consequences if he wasn't there.Coach Warner encourages all his athletes to play multiple high school sports. Summer ball, Fall ball, AAU are not considered playing for your high school. Once it's football season it's football season!

He would still expect him to be there for mandatory practices. There would be consequences if he wasn't there.Coach Warner encourages all his athletes to play multiple high school sports. Summer ball, Fall ball, AAU are not considered playing for your high school. Once it's football season it's football season!

That doesn't answer my question. Your star running back also is a star baseball player and summer baseball is when baseball players are seen by colleges. He says "Coach, I'll be there but will have to miss some practices/all practices when I have games."

Do you tell him he can't play?

That doesn't answer my question. Your star running back also is a star baseball player and summer baseball is when baseball players are seen by colleges. He says "Coach, I'll be there but will have to miss some practices/all practices when I have games."

Do you tell him he can't play?

If so, you should be fired on the spot...

Of course you don't tell him he can't play and I'm sure the players in question were not told they couldn't play - like I said there would be consequences - possibly sitting out the first couple games. He may be your star running back, but you can't hold up practices, plays etc just because he is playing baseball. What kind of message does this send to other players - where do you draw the line? You move forward and work with what you have - you never know he may get injured playing baseball and then where are you?

I've always viewed the multi-sport athlete, as a critical part of a schools success. I've made the statement many, many times that "those who attend practice, are rewarded with repetitions to improve themselves"....I don't see a reason, to ever punish a student-athlete, for missing a school sanctioned sport, due to playing another sport.

Practice with whom you have, once he arrives the player begins to practice. It's the same principle, as an injury to me. Take whom you have, work them to be better and it's their assignment to keep the starting position, through effort, hard work and determination.

If a baseball player, it playing summer baseball for the passion of the game or better yet, to help himself get promoted to colleges, NO adult should discourage him playing....education and futures.

I've always viewed the multi-sport athlete, as a critical part of a schools success. I've made the statement many, many times that "those who attend practice, are rewarded with repetitions to improve themselves"....I don't see a reason, to ever punish a student-athlete, for missing a school sanctioned sport, due to playing another sport.

Practice with whom you have, once he arrives the player begins to practice. It's the same principle, as an injury to me. Take whom you have, work them to be better and it's their assignment to keep the starting position, through effort, hard work and determination.

If a baseball player, it playing summer baseball for the passion of the game or better yet, to help himself get promoted to colleges, NO adult should discourage him playing....education and futures.

Nicely done, bro...:thumb:

Of course you don't tell him he can't play and I'm sure the players in question were not told they couldn't play - like I said there would be consequences - possibly sitting out the first couple games. He may be your star running back, but you can't hold up practices, plays etc just because he is playing baseball. What kind of message does this send to other players - where do you draw the line? You move forward and work with what you have - you never know he may get injured playing baseball and then where are you?

So you don't tell him he can't play. You keep him out of some meaningless games. Fine. He is still going to play in the games that matter so , in reality, the kid is not being punished. He still plays baseball to his heart's content and then you let him play so he helps your team win games.

I think the problem with this whole mentality it being missed. If you have a kid like Farris on your team, your going to play him. He may not start the first play in the scrimmages, and he may not start the first snap of the regular season, but he would still get 95% of the snaps he always gets.

The real problem is the kids who are excellent athletes in baseball or basketball that could very easily add a boost of talent to put your team over the top come playoff time that you are running off with the whole "consequences" mentality. That thought process implies to the potential multi-sport kids of your team that you will show favoritism to anyone who is not talented enough or chooses not to play a second sport. Why on earth would you do that?

If a kid is talented enough to still be playing "AAU anything" in HS would you not admit that it is a fair assumption that the same kid must be a pretty decent athlete? I've known a few teams over the years that might've written a different page in the history books if they had had just a few more such kids.

In the end, penalizing prospective players for not choosing your sport first only serves to penalize the team making the rule IMO.

The Ryle/CCH scrimmage should tell us a lot about the Raiders.

Didn't CCH and Ryle scrimmage last year and CCH looked good in the scrimmage? Or was it in 2005? Anyway, Ryle came on strong towards the end of 2006 as did CCH. CCH has those tough out conference games to start the season.

It's a long way until November '07. Both CCH and Ryle could be factors in their respective classes come playoff time.

Wouldn't It would be nice if these two powerhouse athletic programs met on the gridiron during the season?