NKY 6A District

changeup

Any thoughts on the early front runners in this district. (Boone, Campbell, Conner, Ryle, SK)

It looks to be very evenly matched. BGP has Boone the early front runner with the it's number 8 ranking.

How does this district shape up as the scrimmage games are about to start?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the most even district in NKY. If Conner has improved from last season then I could see any of these teams being the odd man out come playoff time. I think the top 2 seeds will be grabbed by Boone and Ryle. The 3 seed goes to Campbell County, and the 4th and final playoff team will be Simon Kenton, leaving the Cougars on the outside looking in.

I like the Raiders. From what I hear they will field a very tough running game combined with a pretty good passing game with Benke and a few nice suprises in some young recievers. Last years success has brought out a lot more kids, ( I hear 90 players came out ) and the D should be real tough from what I understand with less 2 way players.

Always agreed with the saying the champ is the champ until they get beat.... Thus, RYLE is the favorite until they get beat. With that said, both Campbell and Boone will have very strong teams. Boone has a solid QB no doubt, but with Farris and his baseball future in the back of his mind might just hinder how their season goes. Camels should have the top "D" in the district and need some good play or at least consistent play at the QB position. RYLE has a many good players to replace and as people can speculate that is usually a hard thing to do. Remember CAMELS lost two very close games to them last year and beat Boone in the playoffs.

In no order…..RYLE, BOONE, CAMPBELL and the rest hoping for upsets.

Those that have been on here a long time know that I am a huge Conner fan. However, this will likely be the year of the Rebel. Ryle will likely be second with Campbell 3rd. The fourth spot is wide open, so since this is only speculation at this time I'll pick the Cougars. I'm hearing some good things about them but have not been able to watch any practice due to the fact that I'm still working out of town this season. I hope to watch the scrimmage next weekend with Dixie. After that, I can make a little better assessment. Farris makes it hard to pick anyone but Boone at this early point in the season, though.

If you don't mind please post and give your thoughts after viewing that scrimmage vs Dixie....Interested to see how both teams perform.

Thanks....

Those that have been on here a long time know that I am a huge Conner fan. However, this will likely be the year of the Rebel. Ryle will likely be second with Campbell 3rd. The fourth spot is wide open, so since this is only speculation at this time I'll pick the Cougars. I'm hearing some good things about them but have not been able to watch any practice due to the fact that I'm still working out of town this season. I hope to watch the scrimmage next weekend with Dixie. After that, I can make a little better assessment. Farris makes it hard to pick anyone but Boone at this early point in the season, though.

I'm a homer so I'll go with the Camels, Boone, Ryle,Conner,Simon Kenton. Camels have alot returning on defense that held Farris as well as anyone last year.Just kick away from him on kickoffs this year!! They beat Boone twice last year and I believe they will again. What hurt the Camels last year was Ryles big line and big back Murray. I like the Camels chances this year in NKY.I will also have a better opinion next week after the Camels scrimmage Ashland.

Bad news for Campbell based on your assessment: Ryle's line is bigger and better than last year's line with 4 returning starters and averages 260 up front. They will not be hurting at RB either. Plus, having a third-year starting SR at QB is a very big plus for Ryle. Plus, Ryle has an excellent PK again this year that can hit FG's from 50+. District games will be great this year. I don't see any easy games like in the past. I really like Ryle's chances to go a long way again this year.

I agree with you that Murray had good size and strength that is not easy to replace. So, Ryle reloaded just like all other teams have to do. More of a balanced mix of passing and running will make the Raiders harder to defend this year IMO. We'll certainly know a lot more as scrimmages and opening games play out.

I will go with BC leading this one, if for no other reason than Corey Farris. Great RB and the rest of the team isn't half bad either.

Ryle has a ton kids with talent waiting in the wings, so I think they will be ok also, not to mention they return their QB if I'm not mistaken. The only negative I have heard, was that a football coache ran off some potentially good athletes that played baseball and were planning on joining the football team when their season concluded. I only bring it up so that it won't happen again hopefully. I'm actually a Ryle Raider fan, (after my beloved Dixie Colonels that is). Talented athletes can help any program, and turning kids off that would otherwise contribute is a bad idea in my book.

CC will have a good D but I think SK will edge them out of the third spot. The pioneers offense should be entertaining to watch, lots of quality skill players. Ponzer and Gibson are two quality wide outs, and the backfield should have quite a bit of speed as well. They may even give Ryle a run for their money before it's all said and done.

I don't see CC having the O to compete and beat the first three teams.

Conner is a mystery that I will know more about next week. See you at the field on Friday Cougars!