Lorenzen Continues To Impress

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a quip from Michael Eisen's bullets on his Monday Giants Notebook:

*Backup quarterback Jared Lorenzen hurt his ankle when a defensive player ran into him during practice today. Lorenzen had his ankle wrapped and missed one drill, but returned to the workout. “It’s going to take a little bit to see if it swells,” Coughlin said.

The defenders drew a sharp rebuke from Coughlin, who reminded them they shouldn’t hit the quarterback under any circumstances in practice. But the coach was generally pleased with the team’s first post-game practice.

“The intensity was good, probably too good at some points,” Coughlin said. “They were focused. It’s normal when you come out and you need to make some corrections to be aggressive about making those corrections and I think we certainly were. But we had some people on the ground today, which we can’t afford to do. We had to talk about that a little bit. You don’t want to take away their aggressiveness, but you have to be smart.”

Lorenzen, who has been the No. 2 quarterback throughout camp, completed six of 13 passes for 75 yards. His longest throw was actually a short toss that running back Reuben Droughns turned into a 32-yard gain. Lorenzen led the Giants on two scoring drives, ending one with a 10-yard scoring pass to Anthony Mix.

“It was a good confidence day,” Lorenzen said. “I got to throw a touchdown – I got that out of the way. I’ll just try to get better and play better against Baltimore (where the Giants play the Ravens Sunday night).”

Lorenzen has taken many practice reps, but needed time to get used to game conditions.

“You have to get re-adjusted to the speed of the game,” he said. “You’re playing against guys that are in different colored jerseys from yours and they’re out there to hit you. They did some different things to me. But I have to get better. There’s stuff out there I have to learn. I have to improve my overall mental aspect of the game. I don’t think you can ever be too good at that. That’s something that’s big with me. I have to understand what plays we can and can’t run and against what defenses.”

Apparently you attempt at sacasm covered you ability to see my useless comparison between Vick and Lorenzen, the only other thing in common is that they both have a dog.

You are not right...

Give hssb the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't know how big of a clown you are...;)

Hey btw, you heading up to East Rutherford anytime this season to watch the G-Men? I am considering going up late december...

If I'm allowed. Honestly, I'm not sure. I have to check their schedule. I know I was going to try to talk the wife into going to Chicago...