Lorenzen Continues To Impress

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to see JL succeed but there is a chance he could get cut, right? On paper Wright figures to be the #2 which leaves JL and Hasselbeck fighting it out for #3.

Right now JL is listed as the #3 QB in NY.

Depth Chart

Since Lorenzon is in his third year, he's on the lower tier of the league minimum. Hasselback and Wright I believe have been in the league for at least five years. On that alone, I keep Lorenzon at least as the #3 just to save money. On top of that, Coughlin loves him, and he does have two additional seasons under his belt in the system. I think that he is safe. The roster spot battle is between Wright and Hasselback. Last year was between Palmer, Lorenzon, and a third experienced QB. Palmer was the odd man out.

I want to see JL succeed but there is a chance he could get cut, right? On paper Wright figures to be the #2 which leaves JL and Hasselbeck fighting it out for #3.

Depth Chart

That depth chart really doesn't mean anything. While, logically, you would think that Jared's the current #3, that's just a prediction by some geak that runs a website...:sssh:

Seriously, that's not the teams official depth chart. Although, there definitely is a chance he could get cut. As mex stated, he's low man on the money pole so you would think they'd keep him as the 3 instead of Hasselbeck. Personally, I'd love to see him get traded and be able to sign his second contract...

That depth chart really doesn't mean anything. While, logically, you would think that Jared's the current #3, that's just a prediction by some geak that runs a website...:sssh:

Seriously, that's not the teams official depth chart. Although, there definitely is a chance he could get cut. As mex stated, he's low man on the money pole so you would think they'd keep him as the 3 instead of Hasselbeck. Personally, I'd love to see him get traded and be able to sign his second contract...

YES!!! YES!!! Free beer at the Cove for everyone!

sticky,

So you think NFL.com is putting out bogus depth charts for all the teams?

Bogus is a strong word. They're assumed depth charts. Giants.com hasn't updated their depth chart since Sept., wouldn't they know? The players don't have a depth chart, how does NFL.com? I haven't checked on the other teams...

Bogus is a strong word. They're assumed depth charts. Giants.com hasn't updated their depth chart since Sept., wouldn't they know? The players don't have a depth chart, how does NFL.com? I haven't checked on the other teams...

You and I just have to agree to disagree on the depth charts. I just don't believe for one second that the NFL is going to put out depth charts on all their teams without the input of those same teams. Plus, the Giants website looks like one of the weak links as NFL websites go.

Back to Wright and JL, the minute the Giants signed Wright he was the #2. Lets face it, if the Giants felt good about JL and Hasselbeck as back up QBs they would have never signed Wright.

Back to Wright and JL, the minute the Giants signed Wright he was the #2. Lets face it, if the Giants felt good about JL and Hasselbeck as back up QBs they would have never signed Wright.

This we agree on. That's why I hope, or hoped, he was traded...

Lets face it, if the Giants felt good about JL and Hasselbeck as back up QBs they would have never signed Wright.
And we've seen how that kind of thinking has worked out for the Bengals. :D

I think players, and circumstances can change, and teams have to roll with those changes.

You and I just have to agree to disagree on the depth charts. I just don't believe for one second that the NFL is going to put out depth charts on all their teams without the input of those same teams.

The NFL's depth chart does differ from the Bengals' website. Therefore, it's possible that the NFL just bases it off last year and what they believe it's going to be.

Depth Chart

Not much of a chance Lorenzen gets cut. Tim Hasselbeck has not looked too good according to some NY giant blogs. Manning, Wright and Lorenzen will be the QB's kept. Manning will start and Wright/Lorenzen will battle for the 2nd string position.

I guarantee JLoad doesn't get cut.