40 year old coach/teacher marries his 16 year old player/student. And it is legal.

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only unfortunate thing is that, at 16, I'm not sure she knows what true love is...

I'm thinking that there's a LARGE number of people in the 21-dead age category that don't know what true love is. :lol:

She may not be able to get her life back on track with all that going on by the age of 20...or so...
It could be worse, in some countries they have arranged marriages. It doesn’t really matter what the girl feels for the guy, she’s just stuck with it.

Not that I think it's any less creepy, but would you be disgusted if he were 43 and she were 18? If he were 46 and she were 21?

Personally, I don't see why a person would be interested in someone half their age. I know middle aged men, and possibly women, joke about marring someone 20 years old, but I do not see why anyone would really do it. I am 33 years old and I would not even attempt to get close enough to a 15, 16, 17, or even a 21 year old to find out if I was attracted to them or them to me.

As for it being "true love", how on earth could a 15 year old, who probably has not had any other mature relationship, know if she was in true love with a man that she would have to see, at first as a coach, as a father figure.

I will be 37 years old when my son is 15 years old, and I will be 40 years old when my daughter is 15 years old, they would have to step over my cold dead body to marry a 40 year old at 15 years old. So yes I would be just as disgusted.

Personally, I don't see why a person would be interested in someone half their age. I know middle aged men, and possibly women, joke about marring someone 20 years old, but I do not see why anyone would really do it. I am 33 years old and I would not even attempt to get close enough to a 15, 16, 17, or even a 21 year old to find out if I was attracted to them or them to me.

As for it being "true love", how on earth could a 15 year old, who probably has not had any other mature relationship, know if she was in true love with a man that she would have to see, at first as a coach, as a father figure.

I will be 37 years old when my son is 15 years old, and I will be 40 years old when my daughter is 15 years old, they would have to step over my cold dead body to marry a 40 year old at 15 years old. So yes I would be just as disgusted.

Some mature faster and younger than others. There are some people your age that hasn't had a mature relationship yet.

Again I ask, who are we to judge?

I'd have my reservations about the whole thing, as a parent. But, it is legal, and her parents gave consent, so it's a non-issue at this point.

And...can someone please check my pulse and see if I'm still living? RTS and I are sort of on the same side on something. :eek:

Some mature faster and younger than others. There are some people your age that hasn't had a mature relationship yet.

Again I ask, who are we to judge?

A mature 15 year old, OK.

As for judging, I am not going to sumit either of their names to the "go straight to hell list", but to state that I think a 40 year old man seducing a 15 year old girl is wrong, I think I have a duty as a parent to say publicly that I think this is wrong.