Somerset's Jay Cobb to Henderson County:

theguru

The WSON reporter said Cobb told him he hadn't made a decision either way. He said there were several variables that were causing him to have second thoughts.

Apparently, according to the report, Cobb said he told the school district that he would let them know at noon today. But, the school district released a press release yesterday to the media saying he had accepted.

Something doesn't add up. Why would HC release this if he told them he needed some time to think it over?

Sounds like a super guy & great coach. I welcome him to Henderson Co.

I can assure you that you are getting one of the best coaches in the state. Cobb would do anything for his players, he will be missed very much here in Somerset.

Jay told the players that were at the field house today that is was leaving, so I would say it is final. My son said it was very emotional between Coach Cobb, the assistants and the players. The kids are upset but all seem to understand his decision.

Henderson County you are getting a great leader as well as football coach, Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Good luck to Coach and family!! He will certainly be missed but I wish him the best. Henderson Co. is not only getting an outstanding football coach but a class person and family!

I know our current players and especially our seniors will miss him tremendously but guys you gave Jay a great ride for the last few years let's just take our new coach to those same levels!