Ryle vs. Somerset

Personally, I would love to see the semi's played at the home of the State High School Baseball Runner-up's Beechwood Tigers, it is so.....much better of a baseball fireld than what St. Henry has....:lol: :lol: :D :D

OLDGUY, come on now! I know you are being humerous but the field does not make for a great team and obviously Beechwood has proved that over the last few yrs. Just wait, the field of dreams is coming!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OLDGUY, come on now! I know you are being humerous but the field does not make for a great team and obviously Beechwood has proved that over the last few yrs. Just wait, the field of dreams is coming!!

3ptshooter, of course the field doesn't make for a better team, and you know me well enought to know that I undertand that, and that is excatly what I was trying to point out.....While the stands and parking might not please all the fans, the field is really in outstanding shape, and I am sure the Somerset Baseball team will enjoy playing on the field, as well as the Raiders..... Go Ryle.....

Of course, I will be at St. Henry on Tuesday night to watch the Kentucky Colonels vs. The Cincinnati Stix, and my guess there will maybe be around 50 or so fan to see that game, and I will be over at TMC watching the Kentucky Colonels play on Thursday against The Kentucky Kings.... Both games will be free, with no crowds, no parking problems, and this is no knock on either Ryle or Somerset, but the baseball will be just as good, if not better.... Again Go Ryle.....

Wow, that is a stunning price. Wouldn't exactly qualify as "family friendly", would it? And why would St. H not be allowed to make any profit from the gate? What incentive (other than concessions, I guess) would there be for someone to host these games?

Just an FYI.

I heard from a St. Henry source the KHSAA has set the ticket prices at $7 for all 6 years old and up. So don't be alarmed when you get there and remember St. Henry did not set the price nor do they get any profit.

That is definitely a little high... I thought the $5.00 for adults and $3.00 were OK last week for regionals, but $7.00 across the board IMO is ridiculous.

Good Thought!!!!! They must have seen the crowds at the regionals and became frightened about what might happen at St. Henry.

My guess is that if the price is $7.00 at St. Henry, then it is $7.00 at all locations hosting these games (or it better be). Remember, when and if you go to the game today, don't complin to St. Henry about the price, it was set by the KHSAA.....

Just what in the world will they be charging at Applebees......for the State Championship games.....:creepy:

My guess is that if the price is $7.00 at St. Henry, then it is $7.00 at all locations hosting these games (or it better be). Remember, when and if you go to the game today, don't complin to St. Henry about the price, it was set by the KHSAA.....

Just what in the world will they be charging at Applebees......for the State Championship games.....:creepy:

I understand that St. Henry didn't set the pricing, but what is the KHSAA thinking? I believe they know they will have a certain size captive audience that will pay whatever price is asked to see the local team play. What a shame... I"ll bet it will be $10 a head down at state. Charging a little higher rate for adults is one thing, but make it affordable for the students, that is what these games are all about!

Why was the games not scheduled at Champion Field in Florence where they can seat more than 300 fans. This is going to be one heck of a crowd and if you are not there by 5:30 p.m. you will be parking a 1/2 mile to mile away. And then no where to sit unless you bring your own lawn chair. St Henry has a real nice ball complex and the concession stand is great, just not enough seating for such a big event. Anyway Somerset welcome to Northern Kentucky and hope you have a nice visit, I have to go with the Ryle Raiders as they have a job to finish for MR. COOPER. Go RAIDERS. JD

Why was the games not scheduled at Champion Field in Florence where they can seat more than 300 fans. This is going to be one heck of a crowd and if you are not there by 5:30 p.m. you will be parking a 1/2 mile to mile away. And then no where to sit unless you bring your own lawn chair. St Henry has a real nice ball complex and the concession stand is great, just not enough seating for such a big event. Anyway Somerset welcome to Northern Kentucky and hope you have a nice visit, I have to go with the Ryle Raiders as they have a job to finish for MR. COOPER. Go RAIDERS. JD

Freedom is home Thursday and Friday. Not saying they couldn't have adjusted their schedule when it was being made up to allow for these dates to be open and used for the Regionals.

The odd thing is that, based on the $7 fee being charged by KHSAA, they clearly view this as a money-maker. And they should. But they are going to lose some attendees - and dollars - who won't go to St. H and be packed in like sardines or have a poor view from the outfield. St. H - great field, great venue, but not the best choice for this event. IMHO.