Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle vs. Somerset

Featured Replies

  • Author

I think you will see less student support simply because school is now out and kids are going their different ways. And, CovCath has a huge following. So, the crowd will be much smaller than the regional final. Plus, there is not a rivalry between Somerset and Ryle. In addition, the very nice location at Freedom entices a crowd. Lots of people won't go to St. Henry because they can't afford to spend two hours waiting for the game to start just to get a good seat and they are not interested in standing down the outfield line to watch a game. Absolutely no knock intended on St. Henry, it is by far the best place to watch a game of any NKY high school stadiums. H.S. fields/stands are designed to accommodate regular season crowds, which are small. I'll be there, but won't arrive in time to get a good seat. Should be great baseball.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both the Raiders and Jumpers play this season, I would have to give Somerset a slight edge over Ryle. For 6 innings against CovCath, Ryle appeared to be a good but not great club. Obviously they pulled it out in the end, but from those six innings, and from what I saw from Somerset, I would pick the Jumpers to win this one in a close series in three games.

  • Author
Having seen both the Raiders and Jumpers play this season, I would have to give Somerset a slight edge over Ryle. For 6 innings against CovCath, Ryle appeared to be a good but not great club. Obviously they pulled it out in the end, but from those six innings, and from what I saw from Somerset, I would pick the Jumpers to win this one in a close series in three games.

 

For whatever reason, Ryle did not play well for the 1st 6 innings vs. CovCath so I understand your viewpoint. I look for the normal Ryle team (the 7th inning team) to show up vs. Somerset and the Raiders to take the series.

Good Luck Ryle Raiders make Northern Kentucky and Union PROUD. JD

Wonder if Somerset is going to stay over or travel back and forth. Lot of driving but maybe better than trying to keep 17 and 18 year olds occupied for two or three days.

Welcome to NK Somerset HS! Have a great week and good luck. I will be rooting for the Raiders and if they play close to their 'normal' caliber, they will win this series in two games imo....Have not seen Somerset, but have seen Danville, PRP, Lex Cath, Ballard, and a couple other to programs...Ryle is at that level imo...

Somerset in 3! Go Jumpers!!

There could be some unhappy Jumper fans if they drive for three hours and get there to find no parking or no seat. Are you serious when you say, arrive by five to get parking and a seat?

There could be some unhappy Jumper fans if they drive for three hours and get there to find no parking or no seat. Are you serious when you say, arrive by five to get parking and a seat?

 

I'm sure there will be unhappy fans. Seating In Mcqueary upset a lot of people as plenty of fans were still left standing.

  • Author

Hopefully, some other locals can give their opinions, too. Here's my 2 cents worth: I would guess that all prime seats would be locked up by 6. Other seats should be available until 6:30. Seats along the outfield would be available all night. Some places to stand are available all night. I would guess that the first 500 people would actually get decent seats. I've heard of unhappy campers and now unhappy jumpers. If your son is playing, I would recommend arriving by 5:30 to get the better seats.

Wonder if Somerset is going to stay over or travel back and forth. Lot of driving but maybe better than trying to keep 17 and 18 year olds occupied for two or three days.

 

All students that are travleing up on Wednesday are staying in Erlanger for the series.

There could be some unhappy Jumper fans if they drive for three hours and get there to find no parking or no seat. Are you serious when you say, arrive by five to get parking and a seat?

 

There will be parking, and there will be seating, but if you don't arrive early, you won't get one of the 250 old Riverfront Stadium red seats. The one thing for everyone to remember, is that this is a High School Baseball Tournament played on an outstanding HS Baseball field. If the Champion Window Field home of the Florence Freedom were available for play on the days of the semi's, then I am sure the games would be played on it. It worked out great to have our Ninth Region Tournament played at Champion Window Field and the crowds were huge! My guess is we had the largest crowds of any Regional Tournament in the Commonwealth this year. Monday crowds had to draw close to 1500, Tuesday 1500/2000 and I have heard that Wednesday crowd was nearly 2500 people......Thats a lot of people for a single high school baseball game.

 

Picture of Champion Window Field....

 

Personally, I would love to see the semi's played at the home of the State High School Baseball Runner-up's Beechwood Tigers, it is so.....much better of a baseball fireld than what St. Henry has....:lol: :lol: :D :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.