Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle vs. Somerset

Featured Replies

Looks like a great series to me. Each team only stubbed their toe once during the year to a team that did not end up with at least 20 wins. Hopefully, the Raiders got their sloppy game out of their system with the thrilling come-from-behind victory vs. CovCath. Two base running mistakes and several errors were not typical for the year. Sounds like Somerset likes to run. They lost back-to-back 1 run games to Tates Creek and Dunbar in April so I am expecting two very good baseball teams to match up at St. Henry. Good luck to the Raiders and safe travels to the Jumpers!

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a match up of mirror teams to me. Both like to run and press the defense. Ryle averages 9 runs per game, Somerset 8. Ryles gives 3 runs per game, Somerset 4. I think if the Raiders play typical Raider baseball, stellar defense and hit through the lineup, they win two close ballgames.

Raiders need to use the "home field" to thier advantage by having a huge fan turnout. The atmosphere for the Regional game was absoultely fantastic. I am not affilated with either team...just wanted to watch a great game Ryle vs. Cov Cath. I was truly impressed with the turnout and enthusium of the Ryle supporting cast. (Especially the students behind the dugout for the 7th inning). The Ryle fans deserve credit for a great turnout!

Raiders need to use the "home field" to thier advantage by having a huge fan turnout. The atmosphere for the Regional game was absoultely fantastic. I am not affilated with either team...just wanted to watch a great game Ryle vs. Cov Cath. I was truly impressed with the turnout and enthusium of the Ryle supporting cast. (Especially the students behind the dugout for the 7th inning). The Ryle fans deserve credit for a great turnout!

 

They sure do.....we expect the "TENTH MAN" to be at St.Henry for the Series with Somerset.

They sure do.....we expect the "TENTH MAN" to be at St.Henry for the Series with Somerset.

 

 

Just make sure you save me a seat !!:thumb:

Just make sure you save me a seat !!:thumb:

 

Game time is 7:00, so you'll have to leave Shakey's by 6:00. LOL

Was told today at St. Henry that they thought the games would start at 7pm. Didn't last year the games at Harrison County against Beechwood games start at something like 5pm?

 

I was told that the ball field has around 250 red riverfront stadium seats between the dugouts, (I really thought there were more) and aluminum stands both up the right and left field lines. The gentlemen that I spoke to said that if the parking lot at St. Henry fills up, they will use the Mary Queen of Heaven parking lot just a little farther up the road, and they will have bus service for the fans to ride back and fourth on..... The concession stand will serve Pepsi products and have a ton of ball park food to eat.....Field is in outstanding shape and looks great....and even if we do get rain, it has been so dry in Boone County, I think the ground could take it,,,

Game time is 7:00, so you'll have to leave Shakey's by 6:00. LOL

 

DD when I went to the games at St. Henry two years ago when CovCath played Beechwood and LCA, and as you know I live in Boone County, I left at 5:30 and still didn't get one of those Red seats...... I did get a seat up the first base line beyond the dougout, but a red seat behind the or near the plate.....no way......

Shoe horns for sale, shoe horns for sale.....:D :lol:

 

If you arrive, even as early as 6:30pm, you just might not get a good spot to park or a good seat to watch the game from.....

 

The Ryle fans I am sure will be arriving early, very early.......indeed....

DD when I went to the games at St. Henry two years ago when CovCath played Beechwood and LCA, and as you know I live in Boone County, I left at 5:30 and still didn't get one of those Red seats...... I did get a seat up the first base line beyond the dougout, but a red seat behind the or near the plate.....no way......

 

I was at that game and sat on the very back of the bleachers down the right field line....I'll be there by 5:00 this year. LOL

I was at that game and sat on the very back of the bleachers down the right field line....I'll be there by 5:00 this year. LOL

 

 

 

Maybe I'll just tail-gate in the parking lot !!!

 

 

:dancingpa

Maybe I'll just tail-gate in the parking lot !!!

 

 

:dancingpa

 

Bring your laptop and I'll download film clips and email them to you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.