Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Send Milton to the Yanks

Featured Replies

I've been using Milton's career numbers and his numbers since being a Red and playing at GABP. Those were the numbers I've been using. And since he's not stinking too bad right now, trade him. Don't wait until it's too late.

 

That's been my point the entire time, but for some reason, you seem to think Milton is an asset to the Reds.

He is.

 

Milton has been hurt since he's been a red, so the numbers before then are all you should go by.

 

That being said, with this offense, and an ERA at 4.3, he should win 15 here.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post #30...
that's the first time Arroyo was mentioned in this thread?
  • Author
He is.

 

Milton has been hurt since he's been a red, so the numbers before then are all you should go by.

 

That being said, with this offense, and an ERA at 4.3, he should win 15 here.

 

BTW, Milton first stint on the disabled list as a Red was April 23rd, 2006. He was not on the DL his first season with the Reds.

 

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/morestories.cgi?category=mlb/reds

  • Author
that's the first time Arroyo was mentioned in this thread?

 

HS Sportsbest mentioned Arroyo and Lohse and I believe was making the same argument I am about despite the lack of run support, Milton is still struggling.

HS Sportsbest mentioned Arroyo and Lohse and I believe was making the same argument I am about despite the lack of run support, Milton is still struggling.
Are you from Cincinnati?
  • Author
Are you from Cincinnati?

 

Why, do you want to trade me now?

Yes I do keep him.

 

I said nothing of a turnaround season, i said one thing...... He's pitched fine this year, he has. Do you not think so?

 

He's been hurt the last two years, so those numbers mean nothing to me.

 

 

Ok. If anyone is willing to pay his salary the rest of this year I would be very happy as Reds fan to get rid of him.

 

He has pitched decent so far, but like he was saying that's why you might be able to get rid of him now.

 

His numbers mean nothing to me the years before he got here. I don't care that he pitched well 1 or 2 years in Minnesota. I do care how he's pitched as a Red. It's been horrible. He's a fly ball pitcher in a park where you need to be a ground ball pitcher.

 

I'm guessing that Bailey is up here some time this year. So he could fill that spot when needed. Unless something changes I'm fine w/ the 4 they have now. Saarloos is not a bad 5th option either. Plus Bailey isn't even pitching the best of all the starters in triple A. It would only make sense to trade him if the Yankees want him. I'm not saying they would take him, but you'd be crazy not to entertain any offer for him right now.

  • Author
Ok. If anyone is willing to pay his salary the rest of this year I would be very happy as Reds fan to get rid of him.

 

He has pitched decent so far, but like he was saying that's why you might be able to get rid of him now.

 

His numbers mean nothing to me the years before he got here. I don't care that he pitched well 1 or 2 years in Minnesota. I do care how he's pitched as a Red. It's been horrible. He's a fly ball pitcher in a park where you need to be a ground ball pitcher.

 

I'm guessing that Bailey is up here some time this year. So he could fill that spot when needed. Unless something changes I'm fine w/ the 4 they have now. Saarloos is not a bad 5th option either. Plus Bailey isn't even pitching the best of all the starters in triple A. It would only make sense to trade him if the Yankees want him. I'm not saying they would take him, but you'd be crazy not to entertain any offer for him right now.

 

Excellent post. :thumb:

My argument i nthis thread all along, is not that we shouldn't shop him, but that he's not pitching bad this year.

  • Author
My argument i nthis thread all along, is not that we shouldn't shop him, but that he's not pitching bad this year.

 

And my argument was that while he's pitching good, tangle him and don't take chances on keeping him thinking he will improve.

And my argument was that while he's pitching good, tangle him and don't take chances on keeping him thinking he will improve.
You've mentioned several times in this thread that you thought he was having another bad year.
  • Author
You've mentioned several times in this thread that you thought he was having another bad year.

 

Here we go again...

 

He's not stinking, but he's not having a great year. While he's "decent" - shop him. I shouldn't have used the word "good".

 

I'm not going another round with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.