Send Milton to the Yanks

stark

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so is Arroyo having a bad year? He's 0-2?

I appreciate you telling me that you think he's having a bad year, b/c that let's me get out of this discussion knowing what I was up against and knowing stopping now will just avoid a headache.

Arroyo has had nearly zero run support and his 2.89 ERA with 23 K's and only 9 walks speaks volumes.

I can't believe you actually think Milton is having a better year than Arroyo.

Milton Career before Cincinnati,

71-57, 197 innings a year, 4.71 ERA. I don't know what you're expecting but that's not bad.

I'm sorry, but you don't offer 10 million contracts to pitchers who have never had an ERA under 4.32 for a season.

Again we're talking about a number 2 and a number 5, but if I must provide the proof again I will.

You were the one that brought Arroyo in this discussion, which is off topic BTW.

I just can't see how you can defend the Reds keeping Milton with the track record he has had, injuries, and career numbers.

You're implying that Arroyo must be having a bad year too.
No, actually I'm not. I'm using your flawed logic by saying he's 0-2, Milton is 0-3 so they both must be right?

I say they both are having good years, just not getting the support.

The Reds are scoring one more run a game when Milton Pitches than when Arroyo pitches.

Yes genius and he's still winless and surrending more runs per game to the opponent than Arroyo.

What are you saying? ? ?

No, actually I'm not. I'm using your flawed logic by saying he's 0-2, Milton is 0-3 so they both must be right?

I say they both are having good years, just not getting the support.

Arroyo is having a fine year, his record does not reflect that and he's not receiving any run support, I believe we both agree on that.

However, don't say Milton would be better if he was being given better run support because his ERA is still high and he's surrendering more runs to the opponent than Arroyo is.

You can't go by record alone is my point, you brought up Milton's record as to your reasinging for saying he's having a bad year, if he is at 0-3, how is Arroyo not at 0-2?

I've been using Milton's career numbers and his numbers since being a Red and playing at GABP. Those were the numbers I've been using. And since he's not stinking too bad right now, trade him. Don't wait until it's too late.

That's been my point the entire time, but for some reason, you seem to think Milton is an asset to the Reds.