Bass Boats

spindoc

Just curious what some of you may own. I currently have a '98 Nitro that I bought for a song off of Ebay but had to trek all the way down to south Alabama to get it. I bought a 17' Fisher aluminum 3 yrs ago from Connecticut on Ebay. I am currently having the carpet redone and I had the seats reupholstered last fall. I have some work in it, but it is a solid boat that runs wonderfully and has many upgrades since I bought it. I do wish the carpet guy would hurry though, it's about prime time!

17' Bass Tracker with a 55 Johnson. I am not a real big fan of doing 60mph plus on the water. I just got back from a very productive trip to Arkansas. Three of us caught 154 largemouth in seven days that were above the limit. We had a lot of 17-19 inchers. No wall hangers. The big fish on the week was 21.5 inches and weighed 5lbs 9oz, according to the lie detector.

17' Bass Tracker with a 55 Johnson. I am not a real big fan of doing 60mph plus on the water. I just got back from a very productive trip to Arkansas. Three of us caught 154 largemouth in seven days that were above the limit. We had a lot of 17-19 inchers. No wall hangers. The big fish on the week was 21.5 inches and weighed 5lbs 9oz, according to the lie detector.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I liked my Fisher, it had a 50 Merc and ran fine. However, we went to Lake Fork in Texas last spring and I nearly got blown off of the lake(wind), and I vowed to get a bigger, more stable boat. My son ( the one in the avatar ) thought we were gonna meet our maker once when we tried to cross the lake. With all things equal, I liked my aluminum just as well though. My current boat will go 60+, but I don't run it like that a whole lot. Not to mention, I didn't mind beaching it during turkey season!:thumb:

Sounds like you had a great trip! I liked my Fisher, it had a 50 Merc and ran fine. However, we went to Lake Fork in Texas last spring and I nearly got blown off of the lake(wind), and I vowed to get a bigger, more stable boat. My son ( the one in the avatar ) thought we were gonna meet our maker once when we tried to cross the lake. With all things equal, I liked my aluminum just as well though. My current boat will go 60+, but I don't run it like that a whole lot. Not to mention, I didn't mind beaching it during turkey season!:thumb:

Me and my father have been going on a week long bass fishing trip since I was eight years old every spring. It is good to hear that people still keep up the old bonding traditions.:thumb: My grandpa owns a fishing cabin on Lake Quachita in Arkansas, but we have been all over the south. I have never fished west of Arkansas. How was Texas? Me and my old man though we were going to drown a few years ago in Okichobee (sp). The wind came up across that bowl lake and was rolling headers over the bow of the boat.

Just had installed 2 Lowrance X-17's and networked them. Looking forward to learning how to use them. I'm not the greatest GPS buff by any stretch, so my learning curve may "arc" a bit steeper than some others. The unit can do so many things, I doubt I'll scratch the surface of it's features. But I'll enjoy trying. Do many of you use GPS units?

i dont really get a chance to get on here much but i was interested in buying a decent boat to get started on. I live in Alabama and I'm from Kentucky so i have a great fishing surrounding but i was just wondering what would be a good price range for one, what size and maybe a make. Thanks. :thumb:

I'll be getting mine back this week from the boat fixer-upper. New carpet, 2 new Lowrance GPS/Sonar units, and a new water pump for the old Merc. Rumor is that the fish are starting to act much better than the turkeys are, so perhaps I should rethink my plans. Senko's and trick worms have been popular.