Duke Lacrosse charges to be dropped...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's intersting is that the three accused and their familied met with Duke University to talk about possible reimbursement for the nearly $3,000,000 in legal fees that they accrued. I don't see Duke picking up the tab on all of it...but they will pay a big chunk, IMO.

While I disagree that the party should merit a firing. I agree that Duke University has the right to make that judgement call, in order to maintain their morals and standards
If the coach should be fired because a few of his team members had a rowdy off campus party that got out of hand there would be no coaches left in any sport at any school.
If it were the only incident, I wouldn't have said that.

I agree with most of this but the woman involved was in this position because she chose to be there and chose to be in that particular vocation.

Allow me to clarify, you have a pregnant single mother who had immense pressure on her. Apparently that led her to make such strong accusations. That's the unfortunate position I was talking about.

I still cannot agree with what she did. Evidently there was no assault on her and she lied to the police. No matter what kind of pressure was on her, she had no right to do what she did. If there are any kind of charges that could be brought against her I would hope that they are. Her lies have had serious impact on some young men who are innocent of the crimes that she alleged took place.

I found it interesting and true when listening to the statements the accused lacrosse players had on ESPN.

One of the players, the elder I think, stated that he couldn't imagine the injustice that could have come of this if they had lesser resources, meaning money. That's a sad, but true statement if I ever heard one.

If a person doesn't have the money to afford a good lawyer, as opposed to a court appointed attorney, more often than not a fair trial is NOT what the defendent will receive. I've seen families go bankrupt trying to find justice in our court system. Some faired well, while others did not.

I'm extremely glad these young men had their charges dropped, and I hope their names aren't tarnished for something they didn't do.

I still cannot agree with what she did. Evidently there was no assault on her and she lied to the police. No matter what kind of pressure was on her, she had no right to do what she did. If there are any kind of charges that could be brought against her I would hope that they are. Her lies have had serious impact on some young men who are innocent of the crimes that she alleged took place.

I wish the players could sue her, but what would they really get out of sueing a stripper?

She had nothing to lose, and they basically could have had their lives taken from them on a whim.

The coach deserved to lose his job, because while the young men were innocent of these charges (and being falsely accused of rape will follow you the rest of your life) that program was out of control. The party should never have happened in the first place, and there's every indication that the Duke Lacrosse team was pretty rowdy.

Just because they're innocent of this doesn't make them angels. Lets not swing the pendulum back to another unwarranted extreeme.

WHAT!!!

So your saying the players should be roommates of the head coach so he can babysit them!!

College kids are rowdy, always have been and always will. But being rowdy does not mean they did what she said they did!!!

A=B does not equal C

I wish the players could sue her, but what would they really get out of sueing a stripper?

She had nothing to lose, and they basically could have had their lives taken from them on a whim.

I agree, she would have nothing that they could get from her but if there are any criminal charges that could be filed, maybe filing a false report, then maybe she could be jailed or something. She needs to pay for what she did, even if only in jail for a little while it would at least be something. And something else I just thought about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were very quick to come to her defense and bad mouth the accused young men. Now that the truth comes out anyone like to take odds on if either one of these two "activist" are going to retract their statements and admit that she is a liar? I for one will not be holding my breath on that one.

I agree, she would have nothing that they could get from her but if there are any criminal charges that could be filed, maybe filing a false report, then maybe she could be jailed or something. She needs to pay for what she did, even if only in jail for a little while it would at least be something. And something else I just thought about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were very quick to come to her defense and bad mouth the accused young men. Now that the truth comes out anyone like to take odds on if either one of these two "activist" are going to retract their statements and admit that she is a liar? I for one will not be holding my breath on that one.

Jackson and Sharpton are pirahnas...and I don't know if I spelled that right, but that is the best word I can use on this board to describe them.

No criminal suit can be filed against here..but they can and likely will file a civil suit, which would have her indebted to these young men for quite sometime....that way if she ever does have a windfall, they can get the $$$, and rightdully so.