Griffey to Wear #42.....

Tribute

Cincinnati Reds outfielder Ken Griffey, Jr. called Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig and received permission to wear uniform Number 42 on Sunday, April 15th to honor Jackie Robinson on the 60th anniversary of his Major League debut, it was announced today.

Commissioner Selig has expanded the gesture and extended an invitation to all Clubs to allow any of its members to wear Number 42 on Jackie Robinson Day, April 15th, as a tribute to Jackie and the history he made on that day 60 years ago.

"This is a wonderful gesture on Ken's part and a fitting tribute to the great Jackie Robinson and one, I believe, that all Clubs will eagerly endorse," Commissioner Selig said. "To make this happen, I gladly will temporarily suspend the official retirement of uniform Number 42 on that day.

Tribute

Cincinnati Reds outfielder Ken Griffey, Jr. called Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig and received permission to wear uniform Number 42 on Sunday, April 15th to honor Jackie Robinson on the 60th anniversary of his Major League debut, it was announced today.

Commissioner Selig has expanded the gesture and extended an invitation to all Clubs to allow any of its members to wear Number 42 on Jackie Robinson Day, April 15th, as a tribute to Jackie and the history he made on that day 60 years ago.

"This is a wonderful gesture on Ken's part and a fitting tribute to the great Jackie Robinson and one, I believe, that all Clubs will eagerly endorse," Commissioner Selig said. "To make this happen, I gladly will temporarily suspend the official retirement of uniform Number 42 on that day.

All clubs & any member of a club.