Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Championship Rings

Featured Replies

Has any State Championship winning school gotten thier rings yet? If so could we see some pics?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cudo's to the Administration and Football Booster at Johnson Central. They purchased really nice rings for all of the coaches and football players for their District, Regional Championships and State Semi-Finals appearance. They are really sharp.

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

I agree. Rings are for state champs. There was a team in NKY a few years ago that gave rings for wining a playoff game.

There has been a lot of talk from coaches and school personnel about getting to the state championship level and I think this action only hurts those goals. What kind of message do you send kids when you talk about becoming a state championship type team and then turn around and reward them for being Top 4 with a ring. It sends conflicting messages in my opinion. Be the best but if not then you'll still get a ring for being second best or top 4.

 

I'm not trying to take away from the great season that Central had. It was awesome and a great turn around but to buy rings for what they did is just too much.

I think what they buy rings for at JC is up to them. If they sit their sights on winning the district that is a championship, some college conference buy rings for their teams if they win the league, so it sounds okay to me.

Semi-State is awesome but I wouldn't buy rings. But you know what? I'm not the athletic director or a booster, that is their decision.

Sounds like they are probably trying to create excitement around there 60 kids with a shiny piece of metal is a good start.

Rings should be for the state champs! When Lloyd went to the state semi's in 2003 the team got jackets with "Regional Champs" on them because thats all they won. there was no mention of losing the semi-final game.

I agree, it is a good place to start for a program that is heading in the right direction. Good Luck, very impressed with the program when we were there in November.

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

I agree, jackets sure. Rings are for State champions.

 

Just buy them a ring for winning a game. :rolleyes:

I would like to see the 4 rings A,AA,AAA,AAAA

 

KInd of cool to see them all

I think what they buy rings for at JC is up to them. If they sit their sights on winning the district that is a championship, some college conference buy rings for their teams if they win the league, so it sounds okay to me.

 

You are comparing apples and oranges. Colleges have the financial power to do this and the conference may pay for those too.

 

High school rings for what JC accomplished, I don't know about that but as someone said, that was the schools decision.

  • Author
I would like to see the 4 rings A,AA,AAA,AAAA

 

KInd of cool to see them all

I started the thread just to see the rings if pics were out. If anyone would like to compare pics to previous years can do so as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson Centrals ring, or a Pigskin Classing ring or whoever has one from last year.

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

 

 

Agreed

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.