State Championship Rings

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

I can't say I agree with buying rings for kids even if they don't win state. Runner-up maybe. But just making it to semi-state doesn't deserve a ring in my opinion. Maybe a nice plaque, highlight film, trophy, or something but not a ring. Rings have always seem to have been reserved for State Champions.

I agree. Rings are for state champs. There was a team in NKY a few years ago that gave rings for wining a playoff game.

There has been a lot of talk from coaches and school personnel about getting to the state championship level and I think this action only hurts those goals. What kind of message do you send kids when you talk about becoming a state championship type team and then turn around and reward them for being Top 4 with a ring. It sends conflicting messages in my opinion. Be the best but if not then you'll still get a ring for being second best or top 4.

I'm not trying to take away from the great season that Central had. It was awesome and a great turn around but to buy rings for what they did is just too much.

I agree, jackets sure. Rings are for State champions.

Just buy them a ring for winning a game. :rolleyes:

I think what they buy rings for at JC is up to them. If they sit their sights on winning the district that is a championship, some college conference buy rings for their teams if they win the league, so it sounds okay to me.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Colleges have the financial power to do this and the conference may pay for those too.

High school rings for what JC accomplished, I don't know about that but as someone said, that was the schools decision.

I would like to see the 4 rings A,AA,AAA,AAAA

KInd of cool to see them all

I started the thread just to see the rings if pics were out. If anyone would like to compare pics to previous years can do so as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson Centrals ring, or a Pigskin Classing ring or whoever has one from last year.

Agreed