State Championship Rings

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are comparing apples and oranges. Colleges have the financial power to do this and the conference may pay for those too.

High school rings for what JC accomplished, I don't know about that but as someone said, that was the schools decision.

We paid for our own rings at Hanover.

Cudo's to the Administration and Football Booster at Johnson Central. They purchased really nice rings for all of the coaches and football players for their District, Regional Championships and State Semi-Finals appearance. They are really sharp.

Thanks for the update:thumb:

I guess the money is NO problem in Johnson County.

We're looking foward to more "kitty cat" songs this year.

The 06 Trinity Ring looks great:thumb: I would warn all that buy rings to keep them wearable and not to big. JMO:D

Trinity's rings came in yesterday. I hope these show up.

2006Ring.jpg2006Ringside.jpg

FWIW Trinity's players (or their parents) and coaches pay for their own rings.

I can't say I'm a big fan of this design. I guess after a while you start running out of ideas for new rings. I wonder what the 07 ring will look like.:sssh:

Yeh! I'd say so. But they'll be used. We are just a public school after all.

:D Remember I visited your poor little public school system in the fall, (beautiful school and setting) and with the all upgrades JC is planning, I wouldn't be calling myself poor. :D

Good luck in 07.......and I hope we in NKy can offer the same hospitality that you all did to us, when you have to trek north this year......:thumb: The whole experience, was by far nicer, than playing at the Pizza Box.

BTW off the subject: The three young ladies who did "My old Kentucky Home" at JC for our game, did an outstanding job at the Girls Sweet Sixteen signing the National Anthem. Really they were great......

Some Colleges get rings for just making it to the bowl game, not necessarliy winning it. I know a guy who played for Georgetown, they got a ring when they lsot in the National Championship game. My question is there any team that has ordered rings for losing in the state championship game?

I heard of a team a couple of years ago (Shelby Valley I think) that got rings for winning the 15th region championship, and making it to the sweet 16, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that, it would be like a college team winning their conference and making the NCAA....