Clark Co 63 Mason Co 59

Well, if the refs thought it was a shot then they shoud have called it a walk. Can't get your own air-ball.

False. If it is a legitimate shot attempt it does not have to hit the rim and you can get your own rebound. They changed that rule a few years ago.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts on the game:

(1) Knowles got just a little more help from his supporting cast than Miller Did. Game changed when Knowles answered Setty's three with a bomb at the end of third quarter and begin the forth with another.

(2) Clark fans should quit talking about home court advantage for Mason when noboby plays better at Mason than Clark does. They play better at the fieldhouse than they do at home.

(3) If anyone at the game today thins that Montgomery can host this tourney they are living in a dream world. Why would anyone want to change what we have experieced this past week. Montgomery was nearly full for the girls final.

(4) Total congratulations to Clark who got off the mat after yesterday's game and showed everyone they wanted to be 1-th Region champions.

(5) Great season for Mason but just came up short.

Congrats to Clark! Bring the second state championship back to the 10th this year... Knowles is a phenomenal player, and I love the emotion he shows, even if it gets a little out of control sometimes. Congrats on great careers by Pawsatt, Scott, Stahl, and Browning... Don't worry Darius, you'll win state next year...

If we keep having regional tournaments like this one the Fieldhouse won't be big enough to hold everyone.

The final game was the only crowd, as I knew it would be. The semi-final crowds were very disappointing, not what I am used to with 10th region basketball. Excellent atmosphere today.

Those were three good officials.

Players decided the game

The over and back non-call was a judgment call by the refs. .

The only way it could not be called a backcourt violation would be if it was deemed a "try." From the definitions given in the rulebook, it would be hard to call the play described as a "try" but , instead, it would be a "fumble." A fumble can be recovered by the shooter but since team control does not end on a fumble, if he is the first to touch it in the backcourt (and was the last to touch it in the frontcourt), it would be a backcourt violation.

The only way it could be a "try" is if he went through the shooting motion and the ball somehow ended up going backwards. I'm having trouble grasping that in my mind.

I have set on here for the past 2 weeks and read about Partys going on at Rupp when the Royals get there, and How many teams they have beat. Just please give GRC credit, They were on top of there game today, Its hard to take defeat sometimes, But its over and is done with

I totally agree with this post Mannor! It was very well stated! Give credit to the players and coaches of GRC for winning. Blaming the defeat on the officials is classless and shows no respect to the winning team.

Well, if the refs thought it was a shot then they shoud have called it a walk. Can't get your own air-ball.

Not correct. Once the ball has been shot, ANYONE including the shooter can retrieve it . There is no provision in the rulebook that says it has to hit something before the shooter can retrieve it. That's one of those rules myths.

Some thoughts on the game:

(1) Knowles got just a little more help from his supporting cast than Miller Did. Game changed when Knowles answered Setty's three with a bomb at the end of third quarter and begin the forth with another.

(2) Clark fans should quit talking about home court advantage for Mason when noboby plays better at Mason than Clark does. They play better at the fieldhouse than they do at home.

(3) If anyone at the game today thins that Montgomery can host this tourney they are living in a dream world. Why would anyone want to change what we have experieced this past week. Montgomery was nearly full for the girls final.

(4) Total congratulations to Clark who got off the mat after yesterday's game and showed everyone they wanted to be 1-th Region champions.

(5) Great season for Mason but just came up short.

Great post Sumo, glad to hear from someone over 30. A lot of these posts sound like they are coming from middle schoolers(at best). Especially agree with point(3), no way can Montgomery accomodate the semi's and finals. The Fieldhouse is truly the best place, it's just tradition.

Wow, you are talking about a sophomore!!!!! What on God's green earth would make you criticize a sophomore who didnt play that well in a regional championship game?

I am not criticizing him... I have seen him play for years now and he is always being mentioned in the same breath as other top players in the region. He is a great kid and comes from a great family, but he just didnt look like the same Russ Middleton that I have seen play several different times this season. Sorry if it came out wrong, never intended to criticize anyone.

I am a Scott fan and GRC beat my Eagles yesterday in a great game and, then came back today to beat Mason on their home court. So, I will definitely give GRC kudos for being a great team and good luck in the Sweet 16 next week.

Plain and simple the best team won today. If these two played 100 times you might end up even. 50-50. As Sumoroyal said Knowles supporting cast was a little better than Miller's today. The case was just the opposite in Winchester earlier in the year.

Clark overcame adversity all year long as the battled thru many things both on and off the court. (Coach Humphrey's words not mine.) The Cards were able to win against Scott without their two best on the floor. That is not a knock on the Eagles because they played a heck of a game and executed their game plan to almost perfection.

If anything I hope this ends the nonsense about home court advantage because the better team won today.

Congrats Clark County and make the 10th Region proud at Rupp.

The final game was the only crowd, as I knew it would be. The semi-final crowds were very disappointing, not what I am used to with 10th region basketball. Excellent atmosphere today.

I didn't get to attend the semi or final games this year but I remember last year with Pendelton.