Clark Co 63 Mason Co 59

Congrats to Clark.

Mason has a boat load of talent but unfortunately a very poor coaching staff. Things were further complicated by Mason County parents reserving and publicizing a possible party in Lexington.....assuming they got to the state tournament. Were people counting chickens before they hatched????

WOW--28-3 and all of a sudden the guy can't coach?? Hope you don't ever have a losing season!!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW--28-3 and all of a sudden the guy can't coach?? Hope you don't ever have a losing season!!

Yeah. It's funny how everyone is on board with a team when they are winning. They love how they play, they love the coach, they are deserving to win, and then all of a sudden... they lose. Then it's like the coach is no good this player is better than the other and I wasn't impressed at all... it's crazy.

Anyone who plays their tallest player out around the 3 point line does not know what they're doing. If they do, it's selfishness to allow the player to play at the position they will most likely play in college.

Yes Mr. Naismith.

:rolleyes: Give me a break

Other than Miller, I see some very solid good ball players for Mason Co, but I don't see a boat load of talent.

You know, that seems to be the knock on all successful coaches. Everyone says, "well he has more talent than anybody else". Do you ever think there might be a reason the coach has so much talent?

I don't think it was a very good idea to publish on the front page of your local paper of all the party planning in Lexington before the regional tournament is over. I heard quite a few Clark County fans bringing that up as locker room pin up material. No extra incentive is needed to wake a sleeping giant or an underdog. Poor judgement on the folks at the Ledger.

And two of the loses were to the #1 and #4 team in the state, on their home courts.

So you're gonna hate on Coach O'Hearn because he lost to 2 good teams? It's not like Mason Co. got blown out by these teams. They lost by 3-5 pts. For anyone to say he's not a good coach is just wrong. Mason Co. looked as if they could go downhill after the loss of Chris Lofton and their early exit in the 2005 regional tournament, but Coach O'Hearn stepped in there and did a great job at developing other players that never got the opportunity to play before like Scott and Setty, Browning and Stahl. I think he is a great coach, and next year Mason Co. will be strong contenders again.

And two of the loses were to the #1 and #4 team in the state, on their home courts.

So you're gonna hate on Coach O'Hearn because he lost to 2 good teams? It's not like Mason Co. got blown out by these teams. They lost by 3-5 pts. For anyone to say he's not a good coach is just wrong. Mason Co. looked as if they could go downhill after the loss of Chris Lofton and their early exit in the 2005 regional tournament, but Coach O'Hearn stepped in there and did a great job at developing other players that never got the opportunity to play before like Scott and Setty, Browning and Stahl. I think he is a great coach, and next year Mason Co. will be strong contenders again.

I think that was the point that BGGreen was making. He was taking up for Coach O'Hearn.

Not that he needs taking up for, because if it is looked at with an ounce of knowledge, a person would see how good of a job that Coach O'Hearn has done.

Great game by both teams this afternoon. Mason County simply had no answer for Knowles. You could sense it might be Clark County's day when Knowles hit the long buzzer-beater at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Mason was a little hamstrung without Browning; he was one of the difference-makers the first time around. I thought Bennet played big down the stretch.

Refs obviously missed a call or two, and they always will - you just hate to see them miss such obvious ones. Refs didn't cost the Royals the game, though. Clark just played a little better today.

Good luck to the Cardinals in the Sweet 16!

Fouls could have been called on both Rogers and Miller. The officials let the players decide the outcome of the game, something everyone on BGP was wanting while posting yesterday.

Quit whining and let it go. Clark just happened to be ahead when the game was over. You would not have said a word had it been reversed.:cry:

No. I was making the same point as you. Mason only lost three games all year and two were to very very good teams. Geez.

Quit whining and let it go. Clark just happened to be ahead when the game was over. You would not have said a word had it been reversed.:cry:

I've said it 100 times if the officiating is consistent I really dont care if they're picky. BUT if they don't make the same call on both ends of the floor it's not right. That guy with the long nose is one of the crappiest refs around.

Officiating does not determine the outcomes. Big time playmakers determine the outcomes. Preston Knowles was the big time playmaker today, not Darius Miller. That's the bottom line. And it 's okay. Mason Co. can't win them all. The best team on the floor today came out ahead when the final buzzer sounded.

Congrats to Clark Co players, coaches and fans on the 10th region championship. Good luck in Rupp. I pulled for Brossart in the ALL A and I will do the same for the Cardinals.

Congrats to Mason Co on a great season, tough way for it to end, but they just lost to the better team today.