Holmes 59 NCC 44

Holmes was in control for the majority of the game.

NCC had a little momentum in the third quarter and cut the lead to 30-29, I believe and missed the tying free throw and came up empty on their next possession that could have put them into the lead.

After that, the combination of Henderson and Rice went to work. Henderson scored on a few jumpers and Rice sliced his way through the defense for a couple of 3 point plays. Once Holmes stretched the lead to double digits, NCC had to pick up higher in the halfcourt and Jefferson and company were able to slice their way to the basket for easy scores.

Kiernan had a decent game and a productive third quarter, but Holmes rotated bodies on him, with Austin Hill and the Clark kid guarding him. They forced Keirnan to catch the ball well off the block and he is not nearly as effective trying to score from 15 feet out as he is close to the basket.

Very nice crowd for the opening game.

Holmes was in control for the majority of the game.

NCC had a little momentum in the third quarter and cut the lead to 30-29, I believe and missed the tying free throw and came up empty on their next possession that could have put them into the lead.

After that, the combination of Henderson and Rice went to work. Henderson scored on a few jumpers and Rice sliced his way through the defense for a couple of 3 point plays. Once Holmes stretched the lead to double digits, NCC had to pick up higher in the halfcourt and Jefferson and company were able to slice their way to the basket for easy scores.

Kiernan had a decent game and a productive third quarter, but Holmes rotated bodies on him, with Austin Hill and the Clark kid guarding him. They forced Keirnan to catch the ball well off the block and he is not nearly as effective trying to score from 15 feet out as he is close to the basket.

NCC was down by 6 at half and held a three point lead for a minute or two in the third.

Not sure what he would have had to do to have a had a good game in your eyes.

He had 20 or close to it being double and triple teamed the whole game.

Zach played the best I've seen him play all year. He had a ton of rebounds and probably 20 points.

He played Great.

Good Luck Holmes.

Not sure what he would have had to do to have a had a good game in your eyes.

He had 20 or close to it being double and triple teamed the whole game.

Zach played the best I've seen him play all year. He had a ton of rebounds and probably 20 points.

He played Great.

Good Luck Holmes.

Sorry, I'm a Kiernan fan and have seen a lot of him. This was not one of his better games. He had around 20pts because he was forced the ball so much. His teammates played terrible and it lead to a average game for Zach. Once he was forced outside of 10ft he was in trouble.

No matter what is said, Zach has had a great basketball career. He'll go down as one of the most dominant Centers the region has had in a while.

I realize that NCC's game plan was to pound the ball into Kiernan, which I agree is their correct 1st option, but why on earth didn't they utilize their second weapon in Lipscomb more often??? He's an excellent shooter who can do some real damage when he gets hot. The Bulldogs stuck to him like glue, but even when he got himself open, NCC's guard play was too preoccupied with Kiernan that they barely even noticed. When they grabbed some early 3rd quarter mommentum with Kiernan and Lipscomb sharing duties, I thought that the Breds had found the solution to make a game of it, but then they quickly went back to the game plan that had them playing from behind most of the 1st half. I thought that this would've been a good time to get Lipscomp into a rhythm and get a lead of their own to rattle the Dogs a bit, but instead they left the door wide open for the Bulldogs to build their lead back and go up by 12 going into the 4th quarter. It was frustrating watching and wondering why they wouldn't at least give this second option a try that perhaps could've pulled the Bulldog defenders away from the basket a little to perhaps even make more room for Kiernan. When Kiernan wasn't directly under the basket, I would've liked to have seen him look for Lipscomb more than just forcing up shots that were out of his range. Why, since Lipscomb is the only player on the team that can shoot a foul shot, wouldn't they try to have him draw some fouls and get to the line more often? I know that he's not known as a penetrator, but he might've drawn some fouls from behind the arc as well and headed to the line for 3. It's a shame cause we'll never know what could've happened becuase the Breds truely wasted an opportunity to use ONLY THEIR BEST SHOOTER ON THE TEAM!!! HELLO??? :confused: :irked:

I realize that NCC's game plan was to pound the ball into Kiernan, which I agree is their correct 1st option, but why on earth didn't they utilize their second weapon in Lipscomb more often??? He's an excellent shooter who can do some real damage when he gets hot. The Bulldogs stuck to him like glue, but even when he got himself open, NCC's guard play was too preoccupied with Kiernan that they barely even noticed. When they grabbed some early 3rd quarter mommentum with Kiernan and Lipscomb sharing duties, I thought that the Breds had found the solution to make a game of it, but then they quickly went back to the game plan that had them playing from behind most of the 1st half. I thought that this would've been a good time to get Lipscomp into a rhythm and get a lead of their own to rattle the Dogs a bit, but instead they left the door wide open for the Bulldogs to build their lead back and go up by 12 going into the 4th quarter. It was frustrating watching and wondering why they wouldn't at least give this second option a try that perhaps could've pulled the Bulldog defenders away from the basket a little to perhaps even make more room for Kiernan. When Kiernan wasn't directly under the basket, I would've liked to have seen him look for Lipscomb more than just forcing up shots that were out of his range. Why, since Lipscomb is the only player on the team that can shoot a foul shot, wouldn't they try to have him draw some fouls and get to the line more often? I know that he's not known as a penetrator, but he might've drawn some fouls from behind the arc as well and headed to the line for 3. It's a shame cause we'll never know what could've happened becuase the Breds truely wasted an opportunity to use ONLY THEIR BEST SHOOTER ON THE TEAM!!! HELLO??? :confused: :irked:
That's the easiest question of the night. He wasn't open much.:sleep:They converged on Zach so quickly there wasn't even the kick out available to get it out to anyone. Michael fed off of Zach being double teamed all year, last night it just wasn't there.

Sorry, I'm a Kiernan fan and have seen a lot of him. This was not one of his better games. He had around 20pts because he was forced the ball so much. His teammates played terrible and it lead to a average game for Zach. Once he was forced outside of 10ft he was in trouble.

No matter what is said, Zach has had a great basketball career. He'll go down as one of the most dominant Centers the region has had in a while.

I'm sorry, but you're just not correct on this one.

Zach got the ball up top at least 10 times and more than half made something of it, drove and scored. I know because i watched him do that little drop the ball real low then drive move a lot last night.

Looks like the dogs are playing well. I saw highlights on the news, DJ's no look passes and Henderson must have been possessed. 45 pts between Rice and Henderson is huge. I dont think you can expect Austin to only get 5pts in the next game so if Henderson//Rice are playing at that level, St. Henry may be in for a world of hurting.

Great Career for Keirnan, wish him the best of luck down at Louisville.

NewCath did not get a 3 point lead in the second half. They got within 1 point and then Kiernan missed a layup that would have given them the lead. Holmes had a 5 point trip shortly thereafter and Holmes went on from there. Kiernan played too many minutes and in one stretch was too exhausted to go beyond the top of the circle at the defensive end and Holmes got a bunch of easy baskets.

I am not knocking Kiernan as he gave it all he had and played very well.

I did not think Holmes played all that well and Hill had his second sub par game in a row. Rice and Henderson were outstanding on both ends of the floor.