Who is tired of all the "Basher" threads?

oldrambler

I though that since we have long read the many Tubby bashing threads and now there is Pitino, Williams, coach "K" bashing threads (the latter three tounge in cheek I am sure).

What I am starting is who is tired of all the Coach bashing threads? :D

Let me be the first to sign on this one.;)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unreal how most all the threads get into arguements over coach Smith. I was just rereading the Lucas, Patterson thread and thought I was on a bashing thread. Most all the UK threads someone takes a shot. The same old thing over and over. Yes no one is pleased with the last two years, but to hear the same stuff 50 times is getting very old.

There are 337 Dvision I basketball programs. 19% of those teams make it to the NCAA Tourney. Exactly 4 out of 337 teams will make it past the regional tournaments. 1 team out of all of them becomes National Champion. So based on these odds, the average college team only makes the tournament every 5 years and only makes the Final 4 every 84 years.

All this to say, why do we get so toruqed because our team, whoever that might be, doesn't win a national championship every year? How can we expect any coach or team to turn out champions year after year?

It is unreal how most all the threads get into arguements over coach Smith. I was just rereading the Lucas, Patterson thread and thought I was on a bashing thread. Most all the UK threads someone takes a shot. The same old thing over and over. Yes no one is pleased with the last two years, but to hear the same stuff 50 times is getting very old.

The UK fan base is seperated into two camps right now.

Pro Tubby or Anti Tubby.

Yes it gets old but I don't see an end to it anytime soon.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree and this is the main reason for this thread.;)

Imo no way will it stop at U.K. no matter who is at the helm but the OTS bashing is past the point of getting old.

There are 337 Dvision I basketball programs. 19% of those teams make it to the NCAA Tourney. Exactly 4 out of 337 teams will make it past the regional tournaments. 1 team out of all of them becomes National Champion. So based on these odds, the average college team only makes the tournament every 5 years and only makes the Final 4 every 84 years.

All this to say, why do we get so toruqed because our team, whoever that might be, doesn't win a national championship every year? How can we expect any coach or team to turn out champions year after year?

That analogy does work for Virginia, they last went to the tournament about five years ago and thankfully are going again this year. As for the 84 years, Virginia last made the final four about 25 years ago during the Ralph Sampson days. Do I really have to wait another 60 before they go again??? : ( lol

No one bashes just for the sake of bashing, people just won't go for the program not being at the top, despite all the excuses. It's real simple - cut out all the excuses, stop losing and the bashing will stop.

I have no problem with the Tubby bashing threads, but, they need to stay in those threads...It seems like every thread about anything gets turned into a Tubby bashing thread...If the so-called bashers want to bash, have at it, but, when the same things continue over and over and over on subjects that have nothing to do with Tubby, it gets very old and tiresome...So, all i ask is keep it where it belongs...