Tubby tells team he's not going anywhere

CatchMeIfYouCan

I've supported Tubby for a long time...but it's getting hard to continue that with so many ten loss seasons. That said, a good finish to the season (W vs GA and FL) a good showing in the SEC tourney (winning it) and a good run in the tourney (elite 8 or better) and I'll probably forget that I was ever upset :lol:.

Ill bet you're going to be upset.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..."I know it's a tough job, probably the toughest job in college basketball as far as coaching," Perry said. "We know the pressures that come with that job. He's very qualified for what he does. He wouldn't be in this position if he wasn't."

Actually Bobby you aren't qualified to start at the 4 at UK yet here you are.

And you aren't qualified to criticize Perry's basketball ability, yet you do it anyway.....

No matter what Tubby Smith does, no matter what he does, some in this state will NEVER think anything he does is good enough.

He doesn't do anything though, but take what was once the premire college basketball program and turn it into just another team. So NO that is not good enough. SCRUB THE TUB! This subject gets me so angry.:fight:

He doesn't do anything though, but take what was once the premire college basketball program and turn it into just another team. So NO that is not good enough. SCRUB THE TUB! This subject gets me so angry.:fight:

What makes you think if any other coach would have came in,that they would have done Better?

And you aren't qualified to criticize Perry's basketball ability, yet you do it anyway.....

I've watched him. I know the difference between a good PF (UNC has 2 that are both 10 times better) and Bobby Perry. Defending his "talent" is a joke man.

Carter is next on that list. The people that say we need more KY kids are kidding themselves.

I dont care if they are from the Taliban if they can play ball. Get the best players, who cares were they are from.

..."Certainly I'm not happy with four out of five losses, but I'm not going to jump off a building," Smith said. "I don't think anybody else should either."

This quote right here is part of the reason I love Tubby. I just can't be hard on a guy with as much heart, and character as he's got. I love UK b-ball thru and thru, but I also love Tubby and think he's a class act even in tough situations.

Carter is next on that list. The people that say we need more KY kids are kidding themselves.

At the time Carter was being recruited though he was also getting looked at by Roy Williams and UNC (who also brought in Hansborough that year) and by Illinois. Thats pretty good company, so I'm sure Tubby felt the heat to not let Carter leave the state.