Derrick Caracter of Louisville?

All In

If Caracter keeps dominating at times deep into the tournament and Dicky V and ESPN sing his praises, he will be gone after this year. Have seen it happen to many times where anaylists almost praise a player into leaving,whether they know it or not.

My starting five for Louisville right now would be:

1-Sosa

2-TWill

3-Clark

4-Caracter

5-Padgett

Jerry Smith would be the 6th man off the bench, followed by McGee and then Will Scott. If the planets ever align right (:lol:) and Caracter AND Padge can stay out of foul trouble in games, look out...

If Caracter keeps dominating at times deep into the tournament and Dicky V and ESPN sing his praises, he will be gone after this year. Have seen it happen to many times where anaylists almost praise a player into leaving,whether they know it or not.

I really dont think any of the underclassmen will leave...As RP said, I think they know the potential of the team they have, and I really don't get any of those "Im too good for College" vibes from any of our youngsters...Only time will tell, and hopefully they see the light.

1-Sosa

2-TWill

3-Clark

4-Caracter

5-Padgett

Jerry Smith would be the 6th man off the bench, followed by McGee and then Will Scott. If the planets ever align right (:lol:) and Caracter AND Padge can stay out of foul trouble in games, look out...

Clark is better off the bench. He was not well coached in High School and Kevin Willard works with him to point out stuff the first few minutes of the game, when he gets it they put him in.

1-Sosa

2-TWill

3-Clark

4-Caracter

5-Padgett

2, it aint happening this year. Caracter is still too big and slow to get up and down the court with a 4, his defense won't cut it there either. Not to mention the fact that he and Clark just don't know their alternate position yet, Pitino has been very clear on that. I think he said something along the lines of 'they're not T-Will, they can't just pick it up.'

2, it aint happening this year. Caracter is still too big and slow to get up and down the court with a 4, his defense won't cut it there either. Not to mention the fact that he and Clark just don't know their alternate position yet, Pitino has been very clear on that. I think he said something along the lines of 'they're not T-Will, they can't just pick it up.'

I wasn't necessarily talking about this year...If everyone stays, that line-up will work for next season, too. :thumb:

I wasn't necessarily talking about this year...If everyone stays, that line-up will work for next season, too. :thumb:
I worry about chemistry with Palacios coming off the bench as a senior. I think that's a unit that can play together, but I don't know that it's the every day starting five.

I think next year, we'll see a couple of different packages for the starters, depending on the opponent.

What his mom did is a classic.

Derrick Caracter stood in a corridor of the Hartford Civic Center, surrounded by about 20 family members, friends and well-wishers. He exchanged high-fives, half-hugs and handshakes with them all for about 30 minutes before he was finally summoned to the University of Louisville team bus.

He'd tell me, 'Ma, it's only five minutes,' but that's still late," Terry said.

Exasperated, Pitino finally sent him home for a few days around Christmas to re-evaluate. Terry told him he could either shape up or get a job down the street at the Dunkin' Donuts. When he returned to campus, she sent a Dunkin' Donuts job application to his dorm room as a reminder.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/SPORTS02/702270455

What his mom did is a classic.

Derrick Caracter stood in a corridor of the Hartford Civic Center, surrounded by about 20 family members, friends and well-wishers. He exchanged high-fives, half-hugs and handshakes with them all for about 30 minutes before he was finally summoned to the University of Louisville team bus.

He'd tell me, 'Ma, it's only five minutes,' but that's still late," Terry said.

Exasperated, Pitino finally sent him home for a few days around Christmas to re-evaluate. Terry told him he could either shape up or get a job down the street at the Dunkin' Donuts. When he returned to campus, she sent a Dunkin' Donuts job application to his dorm room as a reminder.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/SPORTS02/702270455

Way to go MOM!! :thumb:

The "meat" of it..

Terry said three things helped get her son back in line: the tutelage of Ellis Myles, who was hired as an assistant strength coach in late January; the frustration of sitting out games while classmates Earl Clark and Edgar Sosa shined, and Pitino's approach to handling him.

"This is the first time Derrick's been involved with people who want the best for him and aren't necessarily interested in, 'What can you do for me?' " she said. "He sees that Coach Pitino is not afraid to sit him. He gives him tough love, and Derrick respects that. Other people started out with tough love but always gave in. With Coach Pitino it's, 'My way or the highway.' "