Boys teams playing on the same night as girls teams

This has been bothering me for awhile now. Why does this happen? It would seem to me that it would take away from the fans that would like to watch both boys and girls play. The schools would lose money at the gate. What are some others thoughts? I will give an example

Flemings boys played at home tonight and Flemings girls played at Bath Co. This is ridiculous

There are other schools that do the same thing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been bothering me for awhile now. Why does this happen? It would seem to me that it would take away from the fans that would like to watch both boys and girls play. The schools would lose money at the gate. What are some others thoughts? I will give an example

Flemings boys played at home tonight and Flemings girls played at Bath Co. This is ridiculous

Called Title IX and it is ridiculous.

Called Title IX and it is ridiculous.

Not a big fan of that title.:D But about the thread this stuff is going to happen because you have limited number of days and both seasons are going on at the same time so there will be a few nights that it happens on the same time. I'd say it would be really hard to keep this from happen esipcally how they try not to scedule games on Wednesdays and Sundays. Same happens with Baseball/Softball.

So you are saying Title 9 makes girls and boys play on the same night at the same time.

Yeah, I agree with you I dont think it has anything to do with this. But it does effect alot of things and might need to be taken a look at but that topic is for a different thread at a different time.

So you are saying Title 9 makes girls and boys play on the same night at the same time.

Try scheduling and see what happens. If you want to comply with Title IX this is going to happen on some occasions during the season.

I understand your complaint. From what I've been told by some AD's is the number of prime time games is the killer. Prime time is considered Friday and Saturday games. These are usually the big money games for the boys but when you have to make sure girls get their equal shot at those days it causes a conflict.

I understand your complaint. From what I've been told by some AD's is the number of prime time games is the killer. Prime time is considered Friday and Saturday games. These are usually the big money games for the boys but when you have to make sure girls get their equal shot at those days it causes a conflict.

Yup.:thumb:

In my old school personal opinion, Title IX is the tail wagging the dog.

I coached varsity girls from 1987 through 1991 and we knew that we played on Mondays and Thursday with an occasional Saturday thrown in. The guys always played on Tuesdays and Fridays and I don't ever remember a single player or parent of mine ever complaining about being shorted on "prime time" exposure.

The guys came to our games and we went to theirs.

All that the percentage requirements have created is chaos and confusion.

When our guys (Brossart) played NCC last Saturday night, our girls were off playing at Clark County. Guess where they would have rather been???

Over-regulation is always counterproductive. A little common sense and common interest in each other's programs would be more workable for both sides than enforced equlity.

Where will it end???

In my old school personal opinion, Title IX is the tail wagging the dog.

I coached varsity girls from 1987 through 1991 and we knew that we played on Mondays and Thursday with an occasional Saturday thrown in. The guys always played on Tuesdays and Fridays and I don't ever remember a single player or parent of mine ever complaining about being shorted on "prime time" exposure.

The guys came to our games and we went to theirs.

All that the percentage requirements have created is chaos and confusion.

When our guys (Brossart) played NCC last Saturday night, our girls were off playing at Clark County. Guess where they would have rather been???

Over-regulation is always counterproductive. A little common sense and common interest in each other's programs would be more workable for both sides than enforced equlity.

Where will it end???

It wont.

I don't know what you are saying about Title IX, but it doesn't have anything to do with the girls and boys playing on the same night. We have only had one game with our boys and girls team that was played on the same night, and that was only because a game was rescheduled and it was the only time the game could be made up. Title IX section that you are talking about is about prime time games. Our girls sometimes play on Fridays and Saturdays now instead of only Mondays and Thursdays, and likewise, our boys play on Mondays and Thursdays sometimes, instead of always on Tuesdays, Fridays or Saturdays. I think it is one of the best rulings that happened to girls basketball. I know it is for our team, the girls now have as many fans out as the boys and I feel it is because 1/3 of their games are now on the weekends.

Breathitt county has played 3 of those "double headers" as they call them. I myself think it is a little crazy. I was going to go to the game tonight aginst estill but i knew it was a so-called "double-header" and i didnt want to watch the girls play. I dont know if anyone feels the same way but thats what i think.