Is Going to Church Necessary?

cch5432

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fact is stated numerous times in the New Testament.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with your assertion. That seems to be treading down the road of mixing law and grace..."you're saved by accepting Jesus and doing (blank)"....It doesn't work that way. We're saved by grace through faith...there are no works we can do to attain or keep salvation. I think the Christian life would be lacking if we were constantly wondering if we were still saved or not.

ok, then I guess Jesus was wrong when He said that those who persevere until the end will be saved. When we meet Him, we can explain to Him that all was have to do is accept Him as our savior and that we do NOT have to persevere until the end. He was mistaken.

ok, then I guess Jesus was wrong when He said that those who persevere until the end will be saved. When we meet Him, we can explain to Him that all was have to do is accept Him as our savior and that we do NOT have to persevere until the end. He was mistaken.

I think He made that clear enough... it would be superfluous to explain it to Him.

John 5:24

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life.

John 6:40

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25,26

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

New Kings James Version

All quotes from Jesus. Am I missing something?

If y'all want to talk about salvation, start a new thread. This thread is about the necessity to attend church.

We are off the track of the thread. But, the argument for those who feel church is necessary is linked to their view of salvation. Do you have to go to church to be saved, or can you go to heaven without ever setting foot in a church?

We are off the track of the thread. But, the argument for those who feel church is necessary is linked to their view of salvation. Do you have to go to church to be saved, or can you go to heaven without ever setting foot in a church?

:thumb:

Which is the connection I was drawing there...

The thief on the cross never set foot in a church and Jesus said " today, you will be with me in paradise".

However, IMO, If a person has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior they will want to be in a place of public worship.

It is my belief that if a person has accepted Jesus as Lord (note: with a capital L) they will worship publically and serve Him through His church.