RPI Seeding?

Does anybody know if the KHSAA has considered or is considering using the RPI to seed State or Regional tournaments in the future? I’m wondering because the Franklin-Simpson/Bowling Green 4th Region semifinal game tonight should have been a championship game in my opinion. If they are going to do it for football, they might as well do it for other sports. I’m sure there are others who would prefer to keep the blind draws for the brackets. 

The best suggestion I've seen on here for using the RPI for the state tournament would be to use it for your top 4 seeds and put them in the bracket as such and then blind draw the rest.

I'm not saying that's perfect and RPI has flaws that need to be worked out but it COULD theoretically be a way to save the best two teams for the final.  But again, no sure thing.

1 hour ago, FSfan said:

Does anybody know if the KHSAA has considered or is considering using the RPI to seed State or Regional tournaments in the future? I’m wondering because the Franklin-Simpson/Bowling Green 4th Region semifinal game tonight should have been a championship game in my opinion. If they are going to do it for football, they might as well do it for other sports. I’m sure there are others who would prefer to keep the blind draws for the brackets. 

We will have the same thing in the 9th.  Cooper vs Holy Cross in the semis ranked 2 and 4 in the state media poll.  Then if you look at the actual state tournament draw, the lower bracket is loaded.  Our districts are seeded but nothing else.  🤷‍♀️

RPI works in football because 95-100% of their schedule is played against in state teams.  A lot of basketball teams travel out of state.  Be it playing quality opponents for Ohio or Indiana.  The out of state Christmas tournaments these teams travel to play.  When you play an out of state team the RPI calculates it as a team that is .500 playing .500 level competition.  So, for example is you played a team from Columbus in a tournament that was 15-1.  The RPI calc reads that W or L as a team that was 8-8 with their schedule being against similar.  If they go to an RPI strict bracket then you will force coaches to have to make very difficult decisions regarding their schedule.  Do you go out of state and play different/better competition to get your team ready but, risk getting a low seed in tournament?  Or, do you stay home and play who you can?  It's not a perfect system but neither is the NCAA tourney committee when they select 68 teams for a bracket.