Open Job: Bishop Brossart

To contradict what I was originally told, please forgive, I have been informed that some of the assistant coaches are running the off season program during the search, and at least 1 has applied for the job. 

• Like 2

What is the appropriate timeline to hire someone by? Spring practice isn’t that far away. I’d assume this job would have a decent amount of interest unless there are issues we the public, are not privy to.

21 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

What is the appropriate timeline to hire someone by? Spring practice isn’t that far away. I’d assume this job would have a decent amount of interest unless there are issues we the public, are not privy to.

As each day passes, the original theory of they have a guy in mind goes further and further out the window. Which then goes back to how baffling this decision was. 

With that, if they don’t have someone by early February, they are hurting themselves and the new coach. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheConch said:

As each day passes, the original theory of they have a guy in mind goes further and further out the window. Which then goes back to how baffling this decision was. 

With that, if they don’t have someone by early February, they are hurting themselves and the new coach. 

Has it even been posted? I checked BBHS website and the Diocese of Covington website and didn't see it posted. I checked when it first happened too and did't see BBHS or Holy Cross. Unless they have a different way of doing things than other schools, but I would assume you'd want to collect a pool of applicants...

40 minutes ago, HedgeHog8 said:

Has it even been posted? I checked BBHS website and the Diocese of Covington website and didn't see it posted. I checked when it first happened too and did't see BBHS or Holy Cross. Unless they have a different way of doing things than other schools, but I would assume you'd want to collect a pool of applicants...

Not sure about posted to those websites, but it is posted to the KHSAA. 

Bishop Brossart— Job Title: Head Football Coach
Bishop Brossart High School is currently seeking qualified applicants for our Head Football Coaching position. Interested candidates should send their resumes to Athletic Director Ron Verst at rverst@bishopbrossart.org. 

Ref.#: 10003
Submitted: 2024-01-03 14:10:02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

The appropriate timeline to hire is when you find the right guy. It's better to make a late hire, than to just hire anyone because you have some imaginary deadline you'd like to meet. If you're not getting quality applicants then you need to do some work. But the person is far more important than meeting a deadline.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, HedgeHog8 said:

Since Brossart and  Holy Cross are diocesan schools and not public schools I do not believe they have to follow the same guidelines as public schools. Public schools must post a job for 30 days but having worked in both settings I do not believe that is the case.

• Like 2

If you tell the former coach who has had some success "we are going in a different direction" two things come to mind.

1 - If your an assistant coach you are part of the current direction so you have no shot

2 - As long as this is taking I am not sure the school knew what direction they were going or at least thought they would be a great job and overestimated the type of applicants they would get.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cincyswords said:

If you tell the former coach who has had some success "we are going in a different direction" two things come to mind.

1 - If your an assistant coach you are part of the current direction so you have no shot

2 - As long as this is taking I am not sure the school knew what direction they were going or at least thought they would be a great job and overestimated the type of applicants they would get.

There is no way the Brossart folks have an overinflated sense of self worth. No chance. I refuse to believe it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

Have they begun interviews or gotten the ball rolling yet? Surely Mustang must have a say in the new coach right?

My affiliation with the football program is as the Internet Radio Broadcaster.  With that said I am a big fan, am a friend of Paul Wiggins, and have been privy to travel with the team on out-of-towners etc.,, but I have no official function with the football program, like I do with the basketball program.

I have been laid up since December 11th recovering from a knee injury, and haven't been in the building much during that time.  I have no inside information, and certainly no influence on who the next coach will be.

• Like 2