Open Job: Bishop Brossart

19 hours ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Good question. I'm not sure. I believe I was told sometime in the past year or two that the entire football staff at Brossart from Coach Wiggins on down was non-faculty. The only names I know of from the assistant coaching staff are Nate Bezold, who is a Brossart grad, and Scott Schroeder who I believe played high school ball in Kenton County. Your guess is as good as mine as to who stays and who goes, but the fact that none of them are working in the school makes me think that factor would make them much more inclined to head elsewhere if they weren't happy with Coach Wiggins being booted.

13 minutes ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Assuming Bezold and Schroeder would have been interested to stay on as assistants, that is a very poor decision on the part of Brossart's administration. They were both quality coaches and members of the community. The Bezold name has been around Brossart for as long as there has been a Bishop Brossart High School, and Scott Schroeder and family have very involved in the St. Joe's parish as well as the St. Joe's elementary community and the Brossart community since moving to Campbell County in the mid-2000's.

Scott Schroeder who graduated from Cov Cath in 1997? I mean, I'm assuming it has to be him. He's a good, good dude. He was a wide receiver and was a track/high jump standout while I was at Cov Cath.

I thought he and his wife moved their family over to Walton-Verona and had their kids there?

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Scott Schroeder who graduated from Cov Cath in 1997? I mean, I'm assuming it has to be him. He's a good, good dude. He was a wide receiver and was a track/high jump standout while I was at Cov Cath.

I thought he and his wife moved their family over to Walton-Verona and had their kids there?

That's the one I'm referring to. I couldn't remember if he told me he had played at Beechwood or at CovCath. I don't know anything about Walton-Verona, but Scott's daughter Grace was a track star at Brossart and graduated last year. His son Joe was a junior this past season on the football team. If that's true about the entire football staff being dismissed by the school administration, I'd have to imagine Scott is sorely disappointed about being shown the door while heading into his son's senior year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll ask the obvious question to all of us following this situation, is the leadership at Bishop Brossart, that has one of the nicest small school fields with the MAC, trying to sabotage the football program? You have a guy that’s been there for ten years and 3 district titles, a guy who made the program relevant after how many years not even being relevant in Alexandria, and now the whole staff is gone? I don’t know how the money was raised for the football team, but I’d be upset as a donor if this staff was let go and then the program went back to where it was 11 years ago.

Specualtion here, what if they have their new coach and he’s the one asking to clear house? How does the BB faithful handle that?

Did the current BB faithful like Wiggins, have faith in his abilities? 

The perception of outsiders, ie NewCath people, has been that Brossart has a good record but they don’t play anyone. I’m assuming the schedule was determined by Wiggins. It’s possible that the administration believes a new direction is needed for the program to take the next step.  That’s all well and good but would you make that move without someone ready to take over?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 98NCCalum said:

Me thinks there’s a lot more to the Eddie rumors than meets the eye. 

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Me don't 😁

Me heard Coach Eddie doesn't know if CovCath can beat Boyle County.

Assuming that is the case (can't win a state championship), does it really matter where you coach? 

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Assuming that is the case (can't win a state championship), does it really matter where you coach? 

This year Cov Cath has one of their largest freshman classes in over a decade, and it looks like next year's will be very large as well. I think there is a decent chance that Cov Cath may not be in 4A once the KHSAA realigns for the 2025-2026 seasons, and I think there's an even better chance that they won't be in 4A when the 2027-2030 alignment is done.

(Holy crap....typing 2030 as anything not involved in the plot of some kind of sci-fi movie is a mind-blow.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have zero clue or insight here. But if I was in the position just strictly coaching, no way aM I leaving CovCath to go coach Brossart unless it’s such to good of a financial deal you couldn’t possibly pass it up. At CC you have top notch facilities, student body support, administrative support and big time booster support. So the schedule was tough this year and maybe the next, so what? CovCath didn’t try to get away from Highlands during the Mueller era did they? Competitors compete regardless of how tough things get and I’ve never noticed Eviston to not be a fiery competitor.

that being said I only see him leaving for the betterment of his family for whatever reason that would be, not because of competition being to tough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 98NCCalum said:

Me thinks there’s a lot more to the Eddie rumors than meets the eye. 

Care to elaborate on things you’ve heard. Or just pure speculation?

7 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I have zero clue or insight here. But if I was in the position just strictly coaching, no way aM I leaving CovCath to go coach Brossart unless it’s such to good of a financial deal you couldn’t possibly pass it up. At CC you have top notch facilities, student body support, administrative support and big time booster support. So the schedule was tough this year and maybe the next, so what? CovCath didn’t try to get away from Highlands during the Mueller era did they? Competitors compete regardless of how tough things get and I’ve never noticed Eviston to not be a fiery competitor.

that being said I only see him leaving for the betterment of his family for whatever reason that would be, not because of competition being to tough.

Correct, leave a job you’ve been there a decade for with incredible success, because of one team that you may only play 1 more time. 

I don’t buy this can’t beat Boyle and I’m out stuff. Leave for family reasons, sure. But leave because he is scared, no shot! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Can’t beat Boyle or not, the list of “can’t beat” teams increases drastically if he would go to Brossart. 

• Like 1