Open Job: Bishop Brossart

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Reading through all of this, here are a few questions I have.  Is it possible Coach Wiggins had applied for jobs elsewhere without notifying Brossart admin?  I keep hearing Eddie Eviston’s name as a potential for this job.  Any chance of this happening?

This entire thing is interesting. 

St. Henry job was open - I could see Wiggins applying for that. Could have ruffled some feathers applying for that, especially if he had not told anyone in Brossart administration. 

Reading through the comments, if Adam Kozerksi is in fact a teacher at Brossart, with Bruce stepping down at HC, Adam may have started pressing for an opportunity at Brossart. 

The only thing that would make sense to me for Eviston even considering this move would be his girls going to Brossart, assuming they would get free tuition. Then again, he has turned down a handful of jobs since at CovCath - GTown, Moeller, and, I’m assuming Beechwood. Brossart just wouldn’t make sense - unless he is truly done being at the high level and switching his focus to the next stage of his family life. 

I’m leaning towards the divorce issue is not what Brossart fired Wiggins for, so with that assumption, they clearly have to have someone in mind. And Eviston would be a name that would make sense for them to move on from Wiggins. The only other name that would be worth making that move for, considering Wiggins commitment and success, would be Noel Rash. And even then I don’t see that. 

But now since names have been dropped, to keep up with a typical Open Job forum, I’ll throw a list of potentials out there. 

Eddie Eviston (mentioned twice now in thread)

Adam Kozerski (teacher at school, if not getting Holy Cross job, this is a possibility)

Noel Rash (have to mention him bc he’s the best available who is not coaching)

Terry Brown (would be a phone call I’d make - as NewCath, St. Henry, and Dixie all did when jobs were open)

Stephen Lickert (seems to always be mentioned. But goes back to age old question of what he thinks gets him closer to his ultimate goal of the Highlands job.)

Other than that, no one else comes to mind unless Brossart goes unconventional, out of towner, or first time HC - but again, if they choose any of these options, doesn’t make sense moving on from Wiggins without a guy in mind. 

The Conch can’t figure this one out. 

20 minutes ago, TheConch said:

This entire thing is interesting. 

St. Henry job was open - I could see Wiggins applying for that. Could have ruffled some feathers applying for that, especially if he had not told anyone in Brossart administration. 

Reading through the comments, if Adam Kozerksi is in fact a teacher at Brossart, with Bruce stepping down at HC, Adam may have started pressing for an opportunity at Brossart. 

The only thing that would make sense to me for Eviston even considering this move would be his girls going to Brossart, assuming they would get free tuition. Then again, he has turned down a handful of jobs since at CovCath - GTown, Moeller, and, I’m assuming Beechwood. Brossart just wouldn’t make sense - unless he is truly done being at the high level and switching his focus to the next stage of his family life. 

I’m leaning towards the divorce issue is not what Brossart fired Wiggins for, so with that assumption, they clearly have to have someone in mind. And Eviston would be a name that would make sense for them to move on from Wiggins. The only other name that would be worth making that move for, considering Wiggins commitment and success, would be Noel Rash. And even then I don’t see that. 

But now since names have been dropped, to keep up with a typical Open Job forum, I’ll throw a list of potentials out there. 

Eddie Eviston (mentioned twice now in thread)

Adam Kozerski (teacher at school, if not getting Holy Cross job, this is a possibility)

Noel Rash (have to mention him bc he’s the best available who is not coaching)

Terry Brown (would be a phone call I’d make - as NewCath, St. Henry, and Dixie all did when jobs were open)

Stephen Lickert (seems to always be mentioned. But goes back to age old question of what he thinks gets him closer to his ultimate goal of the Highlands job.)

Other than that, no one else comes to mind unless Brossart goes unconventional, out of towner, or first time HC - but again, if they choose any of these options, doesn’t make sense moving on from Wiggins without a guy in mind. 

The Conch can’t figure this one out.

Who knows, but I'd be surprised to see EE head to Brossart. Not positive about whether or not Brossart offers free tuition to teachers' kids, but some diocesan schools only offer reduced tuition in that circumstance. Besides, EE is about the highest paid person in the building at 1600 Dixie Highway. And that's with him teaching like one class period per day and monitoring the lunchroom. The rest of his day is spent exclusively as a football coach.

Tuition is $8K at Brossart. Can they put together an attractive enough package for EE to make him give up his light duty in the school building plus his great pay at CCH to make him want to make the move? I'm gonna guess the answer is no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Who knows, but I'd be surprised to see EE head to Brossart. Not positive about whether or not Brossart offers free tuition to teachers' kids, but some diocesan schools only offer reduced tuition in that circumstance. Besides, EE is about the highest paid person in the building at 1600 Dixie Highway. And that's with him teaching like one class period per day and monitoring the lunchroom. The rest of his day is spent exclusively as a football coach.

Tuition is $8K at Brossart. Can they put together an attractive enough package for EE to make him give up his light duty in the school building plus his great pay at CCH to make him want to make the move? I'm gonna guess the answer is no.

I totally agree with you. I don’t see it happening, hope it doesn’t happen, and hope he remains at CovCath for as long as possible. 

Others can verify this better than I can, but I have always heard that finances are not an issue for Eddie Eviston. His wife apparently has a very good job. Her job is the reason they moved back to N. Ky. That being true, I can't imagine tuition cost having any kind of bearing on whether Eviston would go to Brossart.

Question - to get free tuition at a school in the Diocese, do you have to be an employee at the specific school? It seems odd to me that a Diocese employee would have to be employed at the same school his children are attending to get the tuition waived.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Others can verify this better than I can, but I have always heard that finances are not an issue for Eddie Eviston. His wife apparently has a very good job. Her job is the reason they moved back to N. Ky. That being true, I can't imagine tuition cost having any kind of bearing on whether Eviston would go to Brossart.

Question - to get free tuition at a school in the Diocese, do you have to be an employee at the specific school? It seems odd to me that a Diocese employee would have to be employed at the same school his children are attending to get the tuition waived.

Great question about diocesan employment and tuition. 

Also, is a diocesan head coach required to be in the building? I know it’s preferred regardless of what school, public or private, just wondering if that’s a true requirement. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheConch said:

Great question about diocesan employment and tuition. 

Also, is a diocesan head coach required to be in the building? I know it’s preferred regardless of what school, public or private, just wondering if that’s a true requirement. 

Wiggins was a teacher at Newport and not in the building at Brossart. Cov Cath's soccer and baseball coaches are not in the building either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Wiggins was a teacher at Newport and not in the building at Brossart. Cov Cath's soccer and baseball coaches are not in the building either.

Duh, I knew that. 

Wouldn’t Adam K be a first time HC? Should they go in that direction, what makes him standout over someone like coach Wiggins? From what I've heard his dad Bruce didn't play well with others and did things the way he wanted, would this be the case with the younger Kozerski? Like many have said this “firing” is a very curious case. If he was let go because he showed interest in another job, it’s pretty classless on Brossart's end. Would they do that to all their coaches and teachers? The divorce thing is a bogus argument as well in today's society, people get divorced for lesser reasons today than 50 years ago and sometimes it’s not the fault of the person getting fired.

Correct, Adam Kozerski has never been a head coach. I'm also not sure what his relationship is currently among other assistant coaches in the area, but from what I hear there are doubts about his ability to piece together a coaching staff if most of the Wiggins staff leaves with Wiggins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Correct, Adam Kozerski has never been a head coach. I'm also not sure what his relationship is currently among other assistant coaches in the area, but from what I hear there are doubts about his ability to piece together a coaching staff if most of the Wiggins staff leaves with Wiggins.

Do you or does anyone have any idea if most of Wiggins staff is either thinking about leaving or leaving?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you or does anyone have any idea if most of Wiggins staff is either thinking about leaving or leaving?

Good question. I'm not sure. I believe I was told sometime in the past year or two that the entire football staff at Brossart from Coach Wiggins on down was non-faculty. The only names I know of from the assistant coaching staff are Nate Bezold, who is a Brossart grad, and Scott Schroeder who I believe played high school ball in Kenton County. Your guess is as good as mine as to who stays and who goes, but the fact that none of them are working in the school makes me think that factor would make them much more inclined to head elsewhere if they weren't happy with Coach Wiggins being booted.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, theguru said:

19 hours ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Good question. I'm not sure. I believe I was told sometime in the past year or two that the entire football staff at Brossart from Coach Wiggins on down was non-faculty. The only names I know of from the assistant coaching staff are Nate Bezold, who is a Brossart grad, and Scott Schroeder who I believe played high school ball in Kenton County. Your guess is as good as mine as to who stays and who goes, but the fact that none of them are working in the school makes me think that factor would make them much more inclined to head elsewhere if they weren't happy with Coach Wiggins being booted.

Was told by a member of the staff the administration informed them all the day before they made a statement they are looking to go in a different direction and that none of them will return. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Was told by a member of the staff the administration informed them all the day before they made a statement they are looking to go in a different direction and that none of them will return. 

Assuming Bezold and Schroeder would have been interested to stay on as assistants, that is a very poor decision on the part of Brossart's administration. They were both quality coaches and members of the community. The Bezold name has been around Brossart for as long as there has been a Bishop Brossart High School, and Scott Schroeder and family have very involved in the St. Joe's parish as well as the St. Joe's elementary community and the Brossart community since moving to Campbell County in the mid-2000's.