Willie Williams to UL?

Cdirty107

My point is being missed here. Cards are a great program with no on or off the field problems. If this player wasn't all world...would the Cards be so forgiving? The points the fans bring is a good one about "second chances" and I agree, but again why didn't "bigger names schools" forgive him? Bama is desperate to win a few games and we said no way. I hope it works out for him and the Cards.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Have you not read the above information about him? He wanted the Cards two seasons ago..Miami wouldn't let him go...now, he's been a straight arrow...and he wants the Cards again, he is well worth the risk. Now, back to your question, if he wasn't as good would they take the same chance? Heck no, you have to bet money to win money...if he were a 2-star, UL could get another without the risk...since he's a 5-star, and there are only 25 of those a season....there aren't that many to go around. U of L just might land a Top 15 class this season.

I'm hearing former Miami LB Willie Williams has committed to the Cards. This is the same Williams who was the #1 ranked LB in the class of 2005, but has yet to play a full season due to legal trouble and off the field incidents. This could be a good pickup for UL if the kid has straightened up, he is as athletically gifted as anyone in the nation, but I'm no so sure he has. Williams was arrested 11 times before he enrolled at Miami and left the school shortly after. UL has done this kind of thing before (see Nate Harris and Rod Council) and things have worked out fine, but I'm not so sure the same thing will happen with Williams.

Wow, he should go to the NFL, the Bengals would love to have him... :lol:

^ Have you not read the above information about him? He wanted the Cards two seasons ago..Miami wouldn't let him go...now, he's been a straight arrow...and he wants the Cards again, he is well worth the risk. Now, back to your question, if he wasn't as good would they take the same chance? Heck no, you have to bet money to win money...if he were a 2-star, UL could get another without the risk...since he's a 5-star, and there are only 25 of those a season....there aren't that many to go around. U of L just might land a Top 15 class this season.

I guess we'll see soon enough. UL will have to monitor the kid 24/7 if they hope to keep him around long enough to play a down for the Cards...

That's what UK players will see when he knocks their lights out.

Off the field? Will he take their money and cell phones?

I am being very facetious. Probably a little harsh.

However, I see in the local press people up in arms over 9 Bengals being arrested in the last year plus, then you see this fellow with a double-digit arrest record it is surprising.

Does Louisville really need a kid with this baggage?

He may make them better and the kid may have learned a lesson.

Maybe things will turn out OK at UL for this kid. However, I would have taken a pass.

I guess we'll see soon enough. UL will have to monitor the kid 24/7 if they hope to keep him around long enough to play a down for the Cards...

I don't think he will have to be monitored period. The kid has obviously changed things around and he hasn't had a blemish in what, 1 1/2, 2 years? He obviously means business now and wants to play college ball for a top program. He knows he can't mess up and hasn't. Do you really think the kids coach/Jurich's friend/Deputy Sheriff would be pushing him on UofL if he didn't know this was a changed man?

I don't think he will have to be monitored period. The kid has obviously changed things around and he hasn't had a blemish in what, 1 1/2, 2 years? He obviously means business now and wants to play college ball for a top program. He knows he can't mess up and hasn't. Do you really think the kids coach/Jurich's friend/Deputy Sheriff would be pushing him on UofL if he didn't know this was a changed man?

:lol:

"Obviously changed things around"?? You're telling me a kid who has been committing crimes since his early teen years, is currently on probation and has a history of not getting a long with teammates has turned things around because he hasn't been in any legal trouble in the past 2 years?? Call me crazy, but I think it may take a little longer for Willie to prove he's a changed man.

Also, where do you see Williams fitting in with the Cards? Last time I checked, the Cards return part-time starter Lamar Myles at MLB, with returning starter Malik Jackson at one OLB and more than likely Preston Smith at the other OLB. Will Willie come off the bench or start over one of these guys? Remember, he left the U because of playing time...

:lol:

"Obviously changed things around"?? You're telling me a kid who has been committing crimes since his early teen years, is currently on probation and has a history of not getting a long with teammates has turned things around because he hasn't been in any legal trouble in the past 2 years?? Call me crazy, but I think it may take a little longer for Willie to prove he's a changed man.

Also, where do you see Williams fitting in with the Cards? Last time I checked, the Cards return part-time starter Lamar Myles at MLB, with returning starter Malik Jackson at one OLB and more than likely Preston Smith at the other OLB. Will Willie come off the bench or start over one of these guys? Remember, he left the U because of playing time...

When you've been arrested 11 times in your life and you're still a young man like he is, it takes a lot of change to keep it clean for 2 years. And how do we know it wasn't the other players at Miami that he was having problems with, they don't exactly seem to have the best personalities either...

I never said anything about him playing or making an impact so I don't even know why you brought that up.

I'm simply saying that he is obviously making an effort to change things in his life and I give the University props for picking him up. They don't have anything to worry about if he's on a zero-tolerance policy, one slip up and he's gone.

When you've been arrested 11 times in your life and you're still a young man like he is, it takes a lot of change to keep it clean for 2 years. And how do we know it wasn't the other players at Miami that he was having problems with, they don't exactly seem to have the best personalities either...

I never said anything about him playing or making an impact so I don't even know why you brought that up.

I'm simply saying that he is obviously making an effort to change things in his life and I give the University props for picking him up. They don't have anything to worry about if he's on a zero-tolerance policy, one slip up and he's gone.

Don't you think the only reason UL is taking a chance on him is because they feel that he will make an impact right away? Remember, Willie only has two years of eligibilty left. I ws just asking, in your opinion, where you see him fitting in the Cards defense in 2007...

Why did Georgia, Florida, Florida St. & South Carolina all pass on him when he attempted to get accepted there before visiting UL?

Why did Georgia, Florida, Florida St. & South Carolina all pass on him when he attempted to get accepted there before visiting UL?

Well I can't speak for those Universities so you would have to ask them yourself. But I do know that when many places see a troubled past, they automatically give the cold shoulder, and like RP said, he has always wanted to come to UofL, this isn't like UofL was his last resort.

Don't you think the only reason UL is taking a chance on him is because they feel that he will make an impact right away? Remember, Willie only has two years of eligibilty left. I ws just asking, in your opinion, where you see him fitting in the Cards defense in 2007...

I couldn't really guess that, I have no idea how his on field performance will compare to those already on the squad. If we just got one great year out of him that would alright by me!