Willie Williams to UL?

Cdirty107

No criminals in your neighborhood?? Don't be so sure. I don't think it's a step back for UL at all. He has a rap sheet but he didn't break the law in Coral Gables, like I stated before, if he keeps his nose clean he'll benefit the UL program, if he doesn't he's gone and UL moves on and he's done, seems simple to me. I know he has a questionable past, and character, being a UM fan I would have loved to see him knocking out ACC opponents. The thing that worries me is UM gave him a shot, he couldn't cut it (that's not so bad since UM has a very nice defensive scheme) but seems like he gave up on the only team that would give him a shot because he wasn't good enough to fit the bill.

He could not cut it because he was suspended several times from the team while at Miami. Terry Bowden had an interesting take on Williams recruitment & UL, but I won't repeat it on here unless I can find a link.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No criminals in your neighborhood?? Don't be so sure. I don't think it's a step back for UL at all. He has a rap sheet

I don't think in this OGs case that we're talking singular when it comes to the number of pages required to detail his dealings with the law.

The reason he left Miami was lack of playing time. The guy had tons of baggage and hype. He didn't live up to his billing on the field. I don't see what UofL would gain signing this guy. Way too much potential downside. IMO.

Some grow up and some don't. Before you have the guy in jail or whatever, give him a chance. This is a new start in a different place. It is a gamble but someone has to gamble to turn kids around. Some make it some fall through the cracks. Mistake or not this will probably be his last stop. He has a chance to make the best of it. Coach Krag might be the coach to turn him around.

Again the Cards track recent track record with troubled youths has been amazing...Tom Jurich, HIMSELF, allowed for this commitment to be accepted...In TOM WE TRUST.

If you think Willie Williams is anything like Louisville's past "troubled youths", you are in for a rude awakening. Nate Harris got in trouble one time for being a lookout in a robbery, and Montrell Jones got in trouble for possession. Willie has been arrested TEN times for theft-related incidents. If you want more, google "Willie Williams recruiting diary" and take a look. He has yet to accomplish anything on the field in college, yet he doesn't get along with teammates at all because he thinks he is above them and refuses to participate in voluntary off-season workouts. The kid does not deserve a college scholarship anywhere. UL will find out soon enough if they bring him on...

His Coach in Juco is an old friend of Jurich and is an Los Angeles sheriff deputy. From what I understand the JUCO coach called Jurich up and asked him to take a chance on him, the guy is a great football player and just needed to get out of Miami and away from his old crew to straighten himself out and that he has been a pretty model Citizen since he went to College. At least that is what they said on the Afternoon Underdogs on WKRD coming home from work today.

But I agree this is a huge chance.

His Coach in Juco is an old friend of Jurich and is an Los Angeles sheriff deputy. From what I understand the JUCO coach called Jurich up and asked him to take a chance on him, the guy is a great football player and just needed to get out of Miami and away from his old crew to straighten himself out and that he has been a pretty model Citizen since he went to College. At least that is what they said on the Afternoon Underdogs on WKRD coming home from work today.

But I agree this is a huge chance.

I thought that he had previously committed to West Virginia, what happened with that? What JUCO did he play for?