Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)

Who wins?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County (14-0)
    • Covington Catholic (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2023 at 01:00 AM

While Boyle rarely loses in the state finals (they are 11-2), in their last six championship wins the games have been reasonably competitive. They've won their last six titles by an average of just under 10 points per game. I don't know if Boyle runs away and hides this weekend, but I do believe they win, something in the neighborhood of 14 points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

While Boyle rarely loses in the state finals (they are 11-2), in their last six championship wins the games have been reasonably competitive. They've won their last six titles by an average of just under 10 points per game. I don't know if Boyle runs away and hides this weekend, but I do believe they win, something in the neighborhood of 14 points.

Cov Cath has also rarely lost in the state finals (8-1). Only loss was to South Warren in 2018.

• Like 4

If the defense plays like they did against Tilghman, we have a great shot to win this game. While PT had a couple of really solid weapons on offense (probably an understatement, as Martels Carter is one of the best players in KY) Boyle has several. If Boyle starts out hot in the first half, I expect adjustments from EE & company like they’ve made all year. 

Pitzer needs to take us to the promised land. His teammates feeds off his toughness and confidence. The way this team gets fired up after he has a huge play is palpable. We need that energy during this game. We need to give him time in the pocket this week. We’re going to have to throw to win this game. 

The thing we can’t do is beat ourselves. We need to capitalize on turnovers and field position. I trust that toughness & discipline, which are the hallmarks of an EE coached team, will help them come through in the end. They’ve answered the bell every time this year in the face of adversity.

Colonels shock the world.

Cov Cath 29 - Boyle County 27

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m sorry man my previous post was probably a little harsh it just seems like that most of the posts on here act like BC can’t lose and they probably won’t but I do believe CC is a quality team very capable of winning.

Covington Catholic is very capable of winning. There is a reason they are where they are. There is a reason they are undefeated. Let’s make no mistake about it. These teams belong here. Boyle County will have their hands full. Nothing will be given to them. This state championship will be earned whether it be BC or CC. Respectfully, I think Boyle County is the better team. Good luck to both teams!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, CCHFC said:

How big is Boyle on the LOS? Cov Cath is probably bigger than we've been the last few years, but not massive. 3 guys listed at 250 lbs. and then Ben Reeves is a stud high school player and he's probably 6'2, 230. 

Boyle has some size with three players and they are all very good. A couple are smaller but skilled and quick. Seems like Boyle has been outsized every game, especially against FD, Catholic, LCA and Corbin. Regardless of what some say, size doesn't always matter!

11 hours ago, wkyfootballfan said:

You are exactly right. They do not have a better safety and the QB is pretty close.  The issue is that Boyle is 10x more discipline.  There isn't a issue of athletes.  PT is probably the most athletic all around.  Boyle is just discipline, sound, hit you in the mouth and force you to mess up football.

I believe CC will give the Rebs all they want and then some. Their QB is really good and safety is outstanding, but he can't cover everyone as BC has really good multiple deep threats.  And if he gets one on one with Quisenberry, I will take Q all day long. 

• Like 1

I really believe CC will win this game. They just got through playing about as athletic a team as you'll see in PT and there defense stood its ground. I'm sure BC will make a few big plays and put some points on the board, but, I expect CC to get behind that big OL and give them a heavy dose of the run game, move the chains and limit BC's opportunities.  If you're going to beat Boyle, you have to play a disciplined game & I think the Colonels can execute that game plan. CC 31 BC 28

• Like 3

On 11/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, CCHFC said:

Is Boyle really that much more athletic than Tilghman at receiver?  Is Dawson really a better passer than Jack Jones? 

I don’t think Cov Cath needs to play perfect, but they absolutely need to execute better in the red zone than they did last week to win. Boyle probably doesn’t have a safety as good as Martels Carter in coverage, so hopefully Rodriguez can come down with some of these targets that he didn’t last week. 

Boyle's safety is Quisenberry lol. 

• Haha 1

From the beginning of this season I’ve felt  the top 4 teams in Class 4A could all compete with each other. I could be wrong and well find out on Friday but I still believe if any of these teams played each other twice you’d probably have a different result each game! With that being said my pick is Covington Catholic.