Boyle County at Danville Updates/Predictions

Who wins?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Danville

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2023 at 11:29 PM

It’s time for the arguably the best rivalry in Central Kentucky, Danville vs Boyle. Danville enters this game at 1-1 coming off of a 46-7 loss to Pulaski County and Boyle enters at 2-0 fresh off of an exciting 47-38 over LCA. On paper this doesn’t look to be a favorable matchup for the ADS. Danville is rebuilding hoping to get back to the days where they were a title contender year in and year out. Boyle on the other hand just keeps reloading and is on another dynasty type run having won the last 3 consecutive 4A titles. As mismatched as it seems it is still a rivalry game and crazier things have happened. What’s your prediction in this one? 

1 hour ago, WestDanville said:

It’s time for the arguably the best rivalry in Central Kentucky, Danville vs Boyle. Danville enters this game at 1-1 coming off of a 46-7 loss to Pulaski County and Boyle enters at 2-0 fresh off of an exciting 47-38 over LCA. On paper this doesn’t look to be a favorable matchup for the ADS. Danville is rebuilding hoping to get back to the days where they were a title contender year in and year out. Boyle on the other hand just keeps reloading and is on another dynasty type run having won the last 3 consecutive 4A titles. As mismatched as it seems it is still a rivalry game and crazier things have happened. What’s your prediction in this one? 

Edit. Danville is 0-2. Had a brain fart. 

Pains me to say it, but this might set the record for most lopsided win in the rivalry's history in terms of a Boyle win.  God love the true believer that voted for the Ads.

I was busy on Saturday so I watched a replay of Danville's came with Pulaski (or what I could as the NFHS feed kept buffering after 20 minutes of play).  While Danville has a few offensive weapons, their lack of size up front is a liability on both sides of the ball, evidenced by earning just 131 yards of offense last week.  Pulaski County was also just bowling them over, which became worse as the game went on.  Exhibit A was a picture for the Somerset Commonwealth Journal who recapped the game since the Danville Advocate Messenger doesn't like to do sports coverage much anymore.  This was a post-pancake play by Pulaski:

Brycedon Brown

Even worse for this game in that Dawson and Brown are probably Ads if not for some head scratching decisions on coaching hires that have been talked about a lot already on this board (and do not bear repeating here again).

So the Rebels will name the score in this one barring something wild.  Hopefully my Ads find their footing as the year progresses but with a team this young, finding the wins is going to be tough, especially against bigger schools and quality opponents.

• Like 1