Best student sections??

A couple of good student sections Ive seen this year is Tates Creek and Scott County. Tates Creek didn't have a huge student section, but they were really getting into the game. Ive not seen all that many, but thats the best one I saw.

Also a good Bell-Mboro game always brings out a lot of crazy students.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ashland student section is obnoxious and has no respect for the apposing team. They are pretty good.

:thumb: Preach Uncle Jed

T-Fan, I don't believe that is sour grapes as much as everyone finally noticing what is fermenting in the mouths of many ashland student's chants.

I find it very irratating to continue to read about "Great Ole" Ashland Fans and how great they are after I have watched 4 games this year of the mighty cats and have had to stomach the chants in all 4. I am glad that there were meaningful basketball games going on in 3 of the 4 games.

I believe I can (hopefully) let this go and wish your student section the best in not continuing: 1. Lude comments about opposing players 2. Challenging fights with opposing student sections (while your getting beaten) and 3.Stop bragging about the "success" of the 9-3 football team who was smashed TWICE by Johnson Central (35-7 & 21-28) during Basketball games.:creepy:

T-Fan, I don't believe that is sour grapes as much as everyone finally noticing what is fermenting in the mouths of many ashland student's chants.

They're just preparing for College. :lol:

At least it's not as bad as it was when I was in school. You never had to worry about some kid upsetting you with words. You had to worry about getting your head taken off by some drunk 16 year old with a baseball bat, who was upset about his teams loss. Sometimes I forget that America is now the land of the easily offended. :lol:

I did see CovCath's fans at Rupp a few years ago and they were great. It was a Friday night game in the semi's and usually for the friday night games there's about 18,000 fans there. They had the entire Rupp Arena doing the wave for about 5 minutes and when the wave was finally over, everyone there gave the CovCath student section a standing ovation. And every year since then, they always show student sections on the 4 big screens and they always show CovCath's from that year. I'd have to say CovCath has the best student section hands down!!

Any idea if what the clip they play on the Jumbotron's is available to watch online? Or their version of "One Shining Moment"?

i think its great how the students are supporting the CATS! We have to remember they are KIDS, and thats what they do best, annoy and irritate! isnt that the whole point?? Keep up the great job tomcat students!

I thought the whole point was to teach students appropriate behavior and how to become responsible adults. That's not to say don't cheer for your team and be loud. But at least try to do it with some sportsmanship and civility. They can support their team without the personal insults and derogatory comments.

I will give the Mason Co kids credit for their THEME nights the 3 times I have seen them this year.

The christmas presents idea was great on the West Union game and I'm not sure where the beach idea came from for the Brossart game, but that was funny.

They aren't the best student section, but I thought I would throw in congrats to them. : )

HC, I like the themes also. Can't compare to the size and organization of CovCath's student section, but the themes are a lot of fun. My daughter enjoys participating.

I would like to see the themes be more "opponent-oriented". For example, dress as cowboys when playing Montgomery (Indians) or Brossart (Mustangs), that sort of thing.

:thumb: Preach Uncle Jed

I find it very irratating to continue to read about "Great Ole" Ashland Fans and how great they are after I have watched 4 games this year of the mighty cats and have had to stomach the chants in all 4. I am glad that there were meaningful basketball games going on in 3 of the 4 games.

I believe I can (hopefully) let this go and wish your student section the best in not continuing: 1. Lude comments about opposing players 2. Challenging fights with opposing student sections (while your getting beaten) and 3.Stop bragging about the "success" of the 9-3 football team who was smashed TWICE by Johnson Central (35-7 & 21-28) during Basketball games.:creepy:

1. Every team uses "lude" comments to try to get in the head of opposing players. 2. I dont know what your talking about here, im assuming your talking about the Russell game and i cant remember any chants about fighting. 3. Johnson Central was one of the best teams in the state, and i wouldnt used the word smashed when they were clearly the better team the 2nd time around, and the ashland fans have every right to brag about the success of their football team.

1. Every team uses "lude" comments to try to get in the head of opposing players. 2. I dont know what your talking about here, im assuming your talking about the Russell game and i cant remember any chants about fighting. 3. Johnson Central was one of the best teams in the state, and i wouldnt used the word smashed when they were clearly the better team the 2nd time around, and the ashland fans have every right to brag about the success of their football team.

I was at the Ashland/Russell game and a there were gestures to start a fight being made not a chant. Ask the A about it. It happened repeatedly.

Also not every team uses lude comments. Most are made to stop if it occurs at all. There is a difference between lude and clever.

Any idea if what the clip they play on the Jumbotron's is available to watch online? Or their version of "One Shining Moment"?

I doubt that it is available online. The past couple years tho they play it on the jumbotron's right before the games.

I would like to see the themes be more "opponent-oriented". For example, dress as cowboys when playing Montgomery (Indians) or Brossart (Mustangs), that sort of thing.

Covington Catholic has had themes for as long as I can remember - and typically it is "Cowboys & Indians" when they play the Holy Cross Indians.

HC, I like the themes also. Can't compare to the size and organization of CovCath's student section, but the themes are a lot of fun. My daughter enjoys participating.

Montgomery was cowboy night. and unless your gonna be a jockey nothing to really theme for Brossart. Id love to see the student get in free thing go into effect at mason county. we dress up and support the team home and away and at the end of the season when the team goes to state we never have a cheering section when all other schools do. Nothing but administration and administration buddies in ours. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE. :fight: