Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best student sections??

Featured Replies

There are two different questions here. Best student section or hardest place to play. One doesn't neccessarily lead to the other. CCH's student section is awesome and very entertaining but is it a particularly hard place to play? I truly don't know the answer, maybe someone can help me out. What are some of the home records around over the past few years? That would be interesting to see.

 

In '04 Cov Cath went undefeated at home (including 2 postseason games); however, the year before they lost on senior night to Conner (in '03).

 

In '05, Cov Cath lost the home opener (and 1st game of the season) to Dunbar and then lost to Brossart by 16 on senior night.

 

'03-'04 Season - 11-0 @ Home

'04-'05 Season - 6-2 @ Home (Losses to Dunbar & Brossart)

'05-'06 Season - 8-2 @ Home (Losses to Highlands & Scott County)

 

That's a record of 25-4 for the past 3 full seasons. Pretty impressive, but I doubt it's the best.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a former 9th Region player not from CCH I can say CCH has to be one of the top 5 places to play and quite possibly #1. I remember my junior season when I first played at CCH in a varsity game. I was WOWed. It was so loud and the atmosphere was absolutely crazy. It was hard to focus. I believe we played in a pretty tight game against the Colonels and I always remeber taking the ball out at midcourt infront of the Crazies to start the 4th quarter and they just went crazy. Screaming at me, yelling, jumping, chanting, it seemed like 2minutes before the ref finally handed me the ball. Absoulute NUTZ in Park Hills.

CCH is very organized and they pride theirself on being a great student section, which they are. I have found there are great student sections across the state and it really adds to the excitement of highschool games.

that girls are not allowed....... QUOTE]

 

Cov. Cath Section is the best but that is because as everyone knows and Old guy points out they don't like girls they are focuse on the Boys playing LOL

There's no point to this question. Year in and year out, it's Covington Catholic. There've been times when I've seen them lose battles, but over the course of a season, nobody competes.

 

I think the thread says best student sections...with an "S" which does not limit it to one answer.:creepy: :creepy: :creepy:

What planet does Park Hills reside on? Do they know its not the 1950s ? Do the girls wear long skirts with bobbie socks? Do they bat their eyes at the football player wearing the lettermen's sweater? Do the moms encourage their girls to learn to sew and make pot roast? Is college frowned upon because it just delays the inevitable role of homemaker?

 

Do you have a daughter that's just waiting for a big strong CovCath man to sweep her off her feet so they can have little Colonels?

 

I'm guessing there are no Notre Dame girls that post on here so I'll just guess what they would say if they did: Your post is very insulting to the young ladies at Notre Dame. Is this what the sisters teach at Notre Dame?

 

 

Take it easy Dr. Phil, no need to call Oprah.

Brossart 05' was the craziest bunch of kids i've seen in my life.

Brossart 05' was the craziest bunch of kids i've seen in my life.

Didn't that team lose in the district tournament?

Didn't that team lose in the district tournament?

 

I think it was the '04 team that lost to Bracken County in the districts...

Didn't that team lose in the district tournament?

Matter a fact they did. To PCHS in a game vs the 8th and 9th team in the state. They lost by 2 or 4 if i can remember correctly.

Brossart has a very good one, not the best, not worth even sayin they are in the class of cov. cath, but they are worth mentioning,especially in a small gym like theirs.

Brossart has a very good one, not the best, not worth even sayin they are in the class of cov. cath, but they are worth mentioning,especially in a small gym like theirs.

 

Ask anyone that was at the Cov Cath - Brossart game in 05' , They'll tell you diffrent. 20 point victory for brossart on a Cov Cath senior night, but that was only that year. I belive Cov Cath takes the crown any other year.

Ask anyone that was at the Cov Cath - Brossart game in 05' , They'll tell you diffrent. 20 point victory for brossart on a Cov Cath senior night, but that was only that year. I belive Cov Cath takes the crown any other year.

 

I may be wrong, as I was not there - but I would venture to say that CovCath still had the more talented student section, but you're at quite a disadvantage when losing by 20. ;)

Over it all it is CovCath in a landslide, but the best I have ever seen was NewCath 00'. A class A school with boys and girls they would take over wherever they went and the hill was always rockin. They took over EKU and Rupp that year too!! That was the best ever but as I said year in and out CovCath takes the cake!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.