2023 Trinity Shamrocks

Trinity ended last season with a close 10-7 loss to Bryan Station in the third round of 6A playoffs. 

Trinity returns several players on offense and defense with the following top players returning:

Offense:

RB Clinton Sansbury 520 yds rushing and 4 tds, 94 yds receiving and 1 td.

RB Lucas Sasser 394 yds rushing and 2 tds, 116 yds receiving.

RB/WR Jeremiah Lynn 367 yds rushing and 5 tds, 486 yds receiving and 3 tds.

Most likely William DeSensi will replace the graduated Andrew Allen at QB. The offense can be improved with the above trio returning.

Defense:

LB Brady McEnaney 73 tkls, 9.5 for a loss and 4 sacks.

DB Gabriel Mingus 60 tkls and 1 for a loss.

S Robert Morrow 56 tkls, 8 for a loss and .5 sack.

DB Lincoln Mitchell 42 tkls.

LB Andrew Davis 40 tkls, 2.5 for a loss and 2 sacks.

DB Cameron Wooten 30 tkls and .5 for a loss.

DB Caleb Ricks 24 tkls.

DL William Tronzo 23 tkls, 4 for a loss and 2 sacks.

Against a tough schedule last year, the Trinity defense gave up 14.8 ppg and with what Trinity returns on defense that number should decrease.

The Trinity defense should be the best defense in 6A next year and couple that with a good offense and the Shamrocks can return to the 6A championship. 

• Thanks 1

I watched several T games last year and in short they lacked consistency.  When they were playing well they were elite, when they were going through the motions they were very beatable.  With that core of players returning from a very good team I expect the Shamrocks to be right at the top of 6A in 2023.

If the deal can be finalized by the end of January, I understand ESPN is financing a visit from a well known National Power to Marshall Stadium to replace St. Mary (IL.) , whom Trinity played the past 2 years.

That team can't be disclosed until they have a signed contract.

Anywho, I really hope this is a turnaround for Jay Cobb seeing as he wasn't interested in any of the openings around Kentucky in the off-season.

GO ROCKS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NLTanker1 said:

If the deal can be finalized by the end of January, I understand ESPN is financing a visit from a well known National Power to Marshall Stadium to replace St. Mary (IL.) , whom Trinity played the past 2 years.

That team can't be disclosed until they have a signed contract.

Anywho, I really hope this is a turnaround for Jay Cobb seeing as he wasn't interested in any of the openings around Kentucky in the off-season.

GO ROCKS

Why would any Trinity coach ever look for another job in KY?

• 3 weeks later...

TRINITY SCHEDULE

Aug 5 at Springfield (OH) (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 vs. Bryan Station
Aug 25 vs Frederick Douglass
Sep 1 at Center Grove (IN)
Sep 8 vs. Carmel (IN)
Sep 15 at Male
Sep 22 vs. St. Xavier (at Cardinal Stadium)
Sep 29 at St. Xavier (OH)
Oct 6 at Ballard (District)
Oct 13 vs. Eastern (District)
Oct 20 vs. Oldham County (District)
Oct 27 - BYE

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

Couldn't have picked a better time to tone down the OOS games. Jay Cobb is getting off easy. And this makes Trinity now look weak if in state programs want to schedule them. Bye bye days of glory. 

Well, they did add in a 3rd district game. Plus they're taking on the defending 5A champ, the 6A team that ended their season last year, Male, and St. X.

Then they take on Cincy St. X, who is gonna be a beast again this year, and will more than likely be the favorite to win the GCL South, they take on Carmel Indiana, and Center Grover...I don't think those are any slouches.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Well, they did add in a 3rd district game. Plus they're taking on the defending 5A champ, the 6A team that ended their season last year, Male, and St. X.

Then they take on Cincy St. X, who is gonna be a beast again this year, and will more than likely be the favorite to win the GCL South, they take on Carmel Indiana, and Center Grover...I don't think those are any slouches.

Don't mind Tank. 😂

• Like 1