2023 Trinity Shamrocks

One of my Louisville buddies checked out the end of Trinity workouts one day this week and hung around for a bit of Coach Cobb’s youth camp directly after. His comments: Hepner and DeSensi battling for the #1 QB spot, both look good. Lots of weapons in Lynn, rising soph Motchell, Castelluzzo, Sansbury, Sasser, a couple of smaller younger guys that looked dynamite quick, good route runners, good hands. Defense has a ton of spirit and looks the part. A number of incoming Trinity freshman at the youth camp…….and they pass the look test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 111 said:

One of my Louisville buddies checked out the end of Trinity workouts one day this week and hung around for a bit of Coach Cobb’s youth camp directly after. His comments: Hepner and DeSensi battling for the #1 QB spot, both look good. Lots of weapons in Lynn, rising soph Motchell, Castelluzzo, Sansbury, Sasser, a couple of smaller younger guys that looked dynamite quick, good route runners, good hands. Defense has a ton of spirit and looks the part. A number of incoming Trinity freshman at the youth camp…….and they pass the look test

Always a good thing!

I honestly don't remember this much hype around an incoming class since the Quick/White/Wright/Dawkins class. There were also a lot of very talented kids on last year's team that somehow went 2-8 including Cameran Mitchell, KeAnthony Calloway, Jahbarri Frost, and several others. Young talent combined with veteran leadership from guys like McEnany, Sansbury, Sasser, Kays, et al is a great sign! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 8:42 PM, fatsnbul said:

@RockNation Will Trinity have any TV production on NFHS Network? Audio matched with the video and etc.?

Word is that we are experimenting with a program that will use streaming on the WDRB Fox-41 app where they will have the video synced with audio...I know they piloted it with a Lacrosse match but I am not sure how that went...Hoping we can do something for this year's broadcast to make it better for everyone.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

Word is that we are experimenting with a program that will use streaming on the WDRB Fox-41 app where they will have the video synced with audio...I know they piloted it with a Lacrosse match but I am not sure how that went...Hoping we can do something for this year's broadcast to make it better for everyone.   

I will keep my fingers crossed and a school like Trinity should have their own broadcasting network.  The NFHS broadcasts are almost always a bad reflection on the school using them. 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 12:47 PM, theguru said:

I will keep my fingers crossed and a school like Trinity should have their own broadcasting network.  The NFHS broadcasts are almost always a bad reflection on the school using them. 

Completely agree. I would dive head first into this if allowed.

Alas...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

Completely agree. I would dive head first into this if allowed.

Alas...

I will say, on occasion I come across a school that does much better than others with the NFHS and someone sent the following to me, "We have been doing NFHS video/voice synchronization in real time successfully" so a better experience with the NFHS is possible if a school is willing to put in the work.  Either way, I think both Highlands (Youtube) and CovCath (Boxcast) do an excellent job.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last season, Trinity's defense gave up 14.8 ppg against a brutal tough schedule. They return 7 of their 10 top tacklers including 3 of the top 5. They are going to be tough to score on and a great defense can get you to Kroger field. They also return quite a few play makers  on offense so they can potentially be better on offense as well. This years seniors went undefeated as freshman and I remember watching them thinking this could be a championship group. Bryan Station who beat Trinity in the playoffs returns 17 starters including whole offensive line and these two teams play early in the season which will be great early season 6A matchup.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Last season, Trinity's defense gave up 14.8 ppg against a brutal tough schedule. They return 7 of their 10 top tacklers including 3 of the top 5. They are going to be tough to score on and a great defense can get you to Kroger field. They also return quite a few play makers  on offense so they can potentially be better on offense as well. This years seniors went undefeated as freshman and I remember watching them thinking this could be a championship group. Bryan Station who beat Trinity in the playoffs returns 17 starters including whole offensive line and these two teams play early in the season which will be great early season 6A matchup.

I watched several Trinity games last year and you never knew what you were going to get.  One version was very good, the other was pedestrian.  I expect Trinity to have a big year in 2023. 

• Like 1