2023 Trinity Shamrocks

1 minute ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

By no means was I singling out BE or @Unrivaled97, as I also mentioned Ballard and Manual. Just saying, as I'm sure there are folks that really think their school could be part of a "Big 4".

I sure hope so, we need more parity in Kentucky.

• Like 2

The debate stops here.

There is not a Big 4

There is not a Big 3

There isn't even 2.

It begins and ends with Trinity. 

The BIG 1.

Sure, they're on a 2 year slide. 

Male? 4 straight State Championship losses. 2 of them to Trinity, after defeating them in the regular season. 

St. X? 1 State Title in over a decade.

Manual? Laughable at best.

There is only 1. Only one BIG. And it's Trinity

The rest simply don't compare. Those others may win a regular season game, but The Rocks prevail by bringing home trophies.

There is only the BIG 1, T!

And it's not even close. 27

33 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

The debate stops here.

There is not a Big 4

There is not a Big 3

There isn't even 2.

The BIG 1.

Male? 4 straight State Championship losses. 2 of them to Trinity, after defeating them in the regular season. 

The rest simply don't compare. Those others may win a regular season game, but The Rocks prevail by bringing home trophies.

You’re partly correct.  There was only one since about 2000 (minus the last two years)….and his name was Bob Beatty.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

There isn't a Big 4. Congrats on 2022 State, but since 2019, yall are 2-6 against Male, and haven't played either of the privates.

Manual hasn't beaten a member of the Big 3 in years. 

Prior to last season, the same would be said for Ballard. Currently and traditionally, there is only a Big 3.

2-5 against Male since 2019, but hey, 2-0 since 2022.  Correct, we haven’t played the privates yet.   Since being in 6A starting in 2019, the first 3 years BE couldn’t make it far enough to play them in the playoffs…just like they didn’t make it far enough in the playoffs to play BE last year.  

@DevilMayCareis correct, I never insinuated BE as being a Big 4 and I’m pretty sure @BEChargersmade his comment not trying to say there really is a Big 4, but more if anyone tries to allude to that, based on recency, why would it be Manual or Ballard & not the defending 6A state champs?

if anyone really pays attention to my posts, I’m very realistic about my thoughts & predictions around BE.  I said in 2022 they had talent in bunches & that was correct.  I said this year if we can win 7 or 8 games & get to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, it would be a success.

There is a massive amount of talent in the youth leagues in Mt Washington.  There’s more success on the way for BE in the future, if the talent stays in Bullitt County.

Now, I apologize & back on topic as I don’t want to hijack the Trinity 2023 thread.  It should stay about them.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 11:42 PM, NLTanker1 said:

The debate stops here.

There is not a Big 4

There is not a Big 3

There isn't even 2.

The BIG 1.

Yes or no: will Trinity win the 6A championship this season?

57 minutes ago, theguru said:

What makes you so sure?

Too much parity in 6A at the top. What has Trinity gained that vaults them above the rest of the field in 2023? 

In addition, they are pretty much playing their potential 3rd, 4th round and state final opponents in the regular season... it goes both ways, but does it hurt or help Trinity more that after the 2nd round, so many teams will have actual game experience against them. 

Edited by Hungover_in_Andover
Additional thoughts
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Yes or no: will Trinity win the 6A championship this season?

I think no.  They do return 5 of their top 6 tacklers from a very stout defense and they do return 3 of their top 4 rushers (minus Drew Allen) from last year, but I don't think they'll have a formidable enough of a passing game when the time comes and it's needed.  We shall see.  They're 8-7 against the state of Kentucky and 0-5 against St. X & Male in the last 2 years.  Obviously, they'll have to reverse that trend if they do plan to win it all this year.