1 hour ago, EastSideJunkie said:

TRINITY SCHEDULE

Aug 5 at Springfield (OH) (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 vs. Bryan Station
Aug 25 vs Frederick Douglass
Sep at Center Grove (IN)
Sep 8 vs. Carmel (IN)
Sep 15 at Male
Sep 22 vs. St. Xavier (at Cardinal Stadium)
Sep 29 at St. Xavier (OH)
Oct 6 at Ballard (District)
Oct 13 vs. Eastern (District)
Oct 20 vs. Oldham County (District)
Oct 27 - BYE

Great schedule like always, I can't wait to watch. 

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Well, they did add in a 3rd district game. Plus they're taking on the defending 5A champ, the 6A team that ended their season last year, Male, and St. X.

Then they take on Cincy St. X, who is gonna be a beast again this year, and will more than likely be the favorite to win the GCL South, they take on Carmel Indiana, and Center Grover...I don't think those are any slouches.

They defeated all 3 of those OOS teams last year. And lost to all the in state opponents except Eastern in the regular season. So let's pump the brakes on who are the slouches, and who are not.

3 hours ago, EastSideJunkie said:

TRINITY SCHEDULE

Aug 5 at Springfield (OH) (Scrimmage)
Aug 18 vs. Bryan Station
Aug 25 vs Frederick Douglass
Sep at Center Grove (IN)
Sep 8 vs. Carmel (IN)
Sep 15 at Male
Sep 22 vs. St. Xavier (at Cardinal Stadium)
Sep 29 at St. Xavier (OH)
Oct 6 at Ballard (District)
Oct 13 vs. Eastern (District)
Oct 20 vs. Oldham County (District)
Oct 27 - BYE

I like seeing them play more in state teams. Bryan Station and Frederick Douglass should be interesting.

• Like 2

I remember when Coach Cobb was first hired, he said that he would like to schedule more Kentucky teams. I think in past Trinity had trouble finding Kentucky teams that would play them since so dominant. Overall I think this is great schedule that will challenge what should be a improved Trinity team that in my opinion will be the team to beat for the 6A Championship.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:13 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

Trinity ended last season with a close 10-7 loss to Bryan Station in the third round of 6A playoffs. 

Trinity returns several players on offense and defense with the following top players returning:

Offense:

RB Clinton Sansbury 520 yds rushing and 4 tds, 94 yds receiving and 1 td.

RB Lucas Sasser 394 yds rushing and 2 tds, 116 yds receiving.

RB/WR Jeremiah Lynn 367 yds rushing and 5 tds, 486 yds receiving and 3 tds.

Most likely William DeSensi will replace the graduated Andrew Allen at QB. The offense can be improved with the above trio returning.

Defense:

LB Brady McEnaney 73 tkls, 9.5 for a loss and 4 sacks.

DB Gabriel Mingus 60 tkls and 1 for a loss.

S Robert Morrow 56 tkls, 8 for a loss and .5 sack.

DB Lincoln Mitchell 42 tkls.

LB Andrew Davis 40 tkls, 2.5 for a loss and 2 sacks.

DB Cameron Wooten 30 tkls and .5 for a loss.

DB Caleb Ricks 24 tkls.

DL William Tronzo 23 tkls, 4 for a loss and 2 sacks.

Against a tough schedule last year, the Trinity defense gave up 14.8 ppg and with what Trinity returns on defense that number should decrease.

The Trinity defense should be the best defense in 6A next year and couple that with a good offense and the Shamrocks can return to the 6A championship. 

Adding to the OP:

Wooten was a senior last year so we will be looking for someone to fill the role vacated across from Ricks. He along with DeSensi, Will Ford and Dane Morrow should all be solid contributors from the baseball team that we missed in Spring practice. Tronzo, JC Wilson and Claude Mahan will vie for spots on the defensive line along with upstart sophomore Jahbarri Frost. Davis, McEnaney, Morrow and JR Nick Lococo will see time at linebacker and the Viper/Adjuster position. 

Offensively Matt Higgins, Gabe Kays and Boyd Knoerr all logged significant minutes on the line and will be expected to carry a big load again. Elijah Hernandez could slide in also, along with Caden Smith. QB is still up in the air with DeSensi, Jackson Hepner and Lucas Ladson all returning. Luke Sasser, Clint Sansbury, Chris Wilson and Jeremiah Lynn return at running back. Jake Castelluzzo takes over at TE and Huck Campbell returns at WR. 

Kicker/Punter Carson Hilbert is one of the highest recruited kids in the country at his position in the 2025 class and he takes over for two D-1 seniors in McLaughlin (Miami U) and Schwartz (Louisville). Hilbert can hit from 50+ routinely and will continue to pin offenses deep in their own territory.

The schedule is what it is. Tough teams getting us ready for December. We need to control the lucky bounces in the game more this season and we definitely have the athletes to do it. Fingers crossed for a great 2023!☘️

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 4:22 PM, fatsnbul said:

What about the WR’s as a group? That position has seemed to have slipped the past few seasons.

That's where Trinity has to do a better job of spreading the ball to, I think. Depending on how the backfield shakes out with Jackson Hepner, Will DeSensi, Luke Sasser, Clint Sansbury and Jeremiah Lynn, any combination of those not playing QB or RB gives the Rocks a lot of weapons. Lynn has deep play ability and game breaking speed. Sansbury, Huck Campbell and Sasser can all get open and are decent route runners. Jake Castelluzzo will step into the TE role and can be effective especially in the middle of the field. 

I also keep hearing about this Freshman class and could see some impact from that group as well. I don't know if there is a James Quick or Rondale Moore in that group, but there is definitely the hype around them.