2023 Trinity Shamrocks

40 minutes ago, Rock85 said:

So the Trinity program is washed up and St X is the new juggernaut? Hadn't heard that. Good to know.

How have the T FR and JV teams fared against X as of late? Honestly asking since I don't keep up with such things. 

27 minutes ago, VF111 said:

How have the T FR and JV teams fared against X as of late? Honestly asking since I don't keep up with such things. 

The last 3 years at freshman is 3-3 so even but St. X is 3-1 last two years. Trinity may get the upper hand this year since I hear they have a good frosh squad. JV isn't a good measure since roster's fluctuate depending on varsity and can be manipulated depending on what kids are brought down from varsity.

• Like 1

The Shamrocks scrimmage on Saturday will be 3 quarters beginning at 11:30 and then JV for a while after. They play Springfield HS from Dayton, OH, who are slotted as the #42 team in the nation by MaxPreps right now. They have a top tier defender in CB Aaron Scott who is committed to Ohio State. SHS also went to the championship game last year where they lost to Cleveland St. Edward.

This should be a good matchup for Trinity who is looking to find their footing amongst a difficult early season schedule against the likes of Center Grove, Frederick Douglass and Carmel.  More to follow as I hear it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:06 PM, theguru said:

Count me wanting to know which team is number 4?  I assume you mean Manual?

On 7/31/2023 at 12:53 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

I believe you're correct, but for me, it's hard to put Manual in the "Big 4" when, please correct me if I'm wrong, the last time they even reached a semi-state was 1988 when they lost in the finals to Trinity.

There isn't a Big 4. Congrats on 2022 State, but since 2019, yall are 2-6 against Male, and haven't played either of the privates.

Manual hasn't beaten a member of the Big 3 in years. 

Prior to last season, the same would be said for Ballard. Currently and traditionally, there is only a Big 3.

31 minutes ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

There isn't a Big 4. Congrats on 2022 State, but since 2019, yall are 2-6 against Male, and haven't played either of the privates.

Manual hasn't beaten a member of the Big 3 in years. 

Prior to last season, the same would be said for Ballard. Currently and traditionally, there is only a Big 3.

I don't think @Unrivaled97 was making a case for Bullitt East. That was from a few comments earlier, presumably meant in jest?

You're right though, it's the Big 3 and that's it. Hard line underneath and then everyone else.

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I don't think @Unrivaled97 was making a case for Bullitt East. That was from a few comments earlier, presumably meant in jest?

You're right though, it's the Big 3 and that's it. Hard line underneath and then everyone else.

By no means was I singling out BE or @Unrivaled97, as I also mentioned Ballard and Manual. Just saying, as I'm sure there are folks that really think their school could be part of a "Big 4".