12th Region Week 4 Review

se7ens

2 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I agree with this about LC and PC.  DCA still has a lot to prove to me.  Yes, they have talent and hard working kids, but they don't have the pedigree as a Lincoln and Pulaski has.  Now, maybe they do prove it but I wouldn't pick them to make the regional tournament right now.

Thing about not having a pedigree is that they've got nothing to lose. DCA keeps their heads on straight and they can start their own legacy. 

For everyone else, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you." ~ Satchel Paige

27 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Thing about not having a pedigree is that they've got nothing to lose. DCA keeps their heads on straight and they can start their own legacy. 

For everyone else, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you." ~ Satchel Paige

Oh I agree, but go do it first before being put on the same level as other programs who’ve done it consistently over the years IMO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Lincoln, Boyle, Danville/DCA, Garrard...I know Boyle is struggling right now, but it would shock me one bit if you see Lincoln/Boyle final (Boyle still has really high upside).  I've seen it a ton of times over the years.  That tradition/pedigree tends to rise to the top.  I wish a stat guy could put how many Lincoln/Boyle finals there have been since re-alignment in 2004.  Maybe @gchs_uk9

As far as upside, I think Lincoln and DCA have the highest ceilings. In total, their top 5 players are more talented than Danville’s or Boyle’s. They are both solid 1 through 5. Then it comes down to match ups and style of play and I think those two win on that as well. 

Not saying Boyle (or Danville) won’t get it done in a one game situation but they are probably going to be facing a tough first round game because of how the seeding will end up.

8 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

I obviously like DCA’s chances. Keeping their heads on straight is DCA’s biggest challenge. But I’m not even thinking about a legacy for them. I think they have a couple year window in which to make a serious run. 

• Like 1

Just a reminder, region is at Lincoln this year. That will definitely be an important detail, assuming Lincoln gets there. But you better believe that Pulaski hasn't forgot about last season in the region championship at their place.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, LethalPG said:

Lincoln, Boyle, Danville/DCA, Garrard...I know Boyle is struggling right now, but it would shock me one bit if you see Lincoln/Boyle final (Boyle still has really high upside).  I've seen it a ton of times over the years.  That tradition/pedigree tends to rise to the top.  I wish a stat guy could put how many Lincoln/Boyle finals there have been since re-alignment in 2004.  Maybe @gchs_uk9

2006 was the first season of the new alignment.

• Lincoln County beat Boyle County in the finals in 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021, and 2022.
  • Boyle beat Lincoln in 2006, 2007, 2012, and 2013.

The other finals were:

• 2009 - Lincoln County beat Danville
  • 2010 - Boyle County beat Danville
  • 2011 - Danville beat Lincoln County
  • 2018 - Boyle County beat Danville
  • 2019 - Lincoln County beat Danville
  • 2020 - Lincoln County beat Danville
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

2006 was the first season of the new alignment.

• Lincoln County beat Boyle County in the finals in 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021, and 2022.
  • Boyle beat Lincoln in 2006, 2007, 2012, and 2013.

The other finals were:

• 2009 - Lincoln County beat Danville
  • 2010 - Boyle County beat Danville
  • 2011 - Danville beat Lincoln County
  • 2018 - Boyle County beat Danville
  • 2019 - Lincoln County beat Danville
  • 2020 - Lincoln County beat Danville

Good stuff brother! 

• Thanks 1