Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Rocks
    • Pioneers

This poll is closed to new votes

Calpreps has this one Trinity 35-21. I think this is interesting game. Simon Kenton's strength is their offense and Trinity their defense. Trinity also has great FG kicker who hit a 41 yd one last night. May come down to team with least amount of turnovers wins. I'll go with Trinity by 7.

SK’s offense is definitely good enough to score some points on this Trinity team. Crone is a playmaker and will give the Rocks some fits.

In the end, I suspect Trinity wins by 14-17 points. While Crone is a dynamic player, he can’t be expected to beat a defense like this by himself. 

Super Bowl for our guy @MaddenCurse44, if the game were here I’d buy you a hot dog! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I look for Simon Kenton going for it on 4th down a lot in this game. The only way they can win this is to find a way to outscore Trinity and they cannot give up on scoring on a single offensive possession. They need to extend their offensive possessions to keep their own defense off the field.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I look for Simon Kenton going for it on 4th down a lot in this game. The only way they can win this is to find a way to outscore Trinity and they cannot give up on scoring on a single offensive possession. They need to extend their offensive possessions to keep their own defense off the field.

Might as well. I feel like on 4th and 2-7 you roll out crone and tell him running the ball is  slightly preferred unless someone is wide open. 

Am I the only one who doesn’t expect this one to be that close?
Simon Kenton were beat handily by Southwestern, Beechwood and lost to a solid Corbin team, none of which I think even come close to Trinity. Trinity isn’t great on offense, but Simon Kenton is even worse on defense, so Trinity will get points.
 Simon Kenton Is a solid offensive team, but Trinity is as good on defense as anyone I’ve seen in the state. I just don’t see this one being that close. Trinity wins by 2-3 touchdowns imo. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t expect this one to be that close?
Simon Kenton were beat handily by Southwestern, Beechwood and lost to a solid Corbin team, none of which I think even come close to Trinity. Trinity isn’t great on offense, but Simon Kenton is even worse on defense, so Trinity will get points.
 Simon Kenton Is a solid offensive team, but Trinity is as good on defense as anyone I’ve seen in the state. I just don’t see this one being that close. Trinity wins by 2-3 touchdowns imo. 

What games was Crone not playing? I feel like no-Crone SK is like 24 points worse than SK with Crone at least. 

With the overall improvement Simon Kenton has made this season, I really like their chances. They will need to play a fully disciplined game. Trinity has the defensive advantage but I still think SK can win, this is definitely one of their best chances ever, if not best altogether. Good luck to both teams.

• Like 2

I'm seeing this game as a sorta track meet. Not so much as a ton of points, but both teams being able to score. If SK can be a little more creative in ball distribution and not have to rely primarily on the legs of Crone, I see this game possibly coming down to last team with the ball, having the chance to win. Pulling for SK to represent NKY. 

• theguru changed the title to Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic