Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Rocks
    • Pioneers

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

What games was Crone not playing? I feel like no-Crone SK is like 24 points worse than SK with Crone at least. 

I believe the only game he missed was the Beechwood game. He may have been injured late against Southwestern, unsure of that one. I do know he played the Corbin game. 

3 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I believe the only game he missed was the Beechwood game. He may have been injured late against Southwestern, unsure of that one. I do know he played the Corbin game. 

Crone was injured in the Southwestern game when the Pioneers had the lead and missed the Beechwood game. Lawson the starting running back had missed several games. Both are back and ready to win against Trinity. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Trinity has thrown a lot of interceptions this year. SK is good at getting interceptions!  I SK has a massive Dline. Trinity defense was scored on by the Camels so that tells me not as good as advertised. 

Pioneers 35 to 14 Rocks get a long bus ride home!

If Simon Kenton beats Trinity by 21 points, I’ll rock an SK avatar for a month…

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

Having seen Trinity against St. X, they are very good against the run. The one area SK could have some success is passing game. St. X beat Trinity through the air with to touchdown passes. Trinity against Campbell County in 1st half had two turnovers and a drive killed by penalties and can't do that against Simon Kenton. QB Andrew Allen is a very good runner who can extend plays with his feet. Simon Kenton can't turn the ball over either like they did against Ryle if want to have shot at winning this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GC-Dragons said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t expect this one to be that close?
Simon Kenton were beat handily by Southwestern, Beechwood and lost to a solid Corbin team, none of which I think even come close to Trinity. Trinity isn’t great on offense, but Simon Kenton is even worse on defense, so Trinity will get points.
 Simon Kenton Is a solid offensive team, but Trinity is as good on defense as anyone I’ve seen in the state. I just don’t see this one being that close. Trinity wins by 2-3 touchdowns imo. 

I'm firmly in your corner of thought.  I have trouble seeing a team that lost to 2A, 4A and 5A teams beating Trinity.  That alone makes me pause.  And, the second thing that makes me think Trinity wins is, depth.  I think Simon Kenton will look pretty even in the first quarter or first half, but I don't see them being on the same level in the second half.  

Nothing against Simon Kenton, they are a quality team.  They will just have trouble with the Rocks.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Might as well. I feel like on 4th and 2-7 you roll out crone and tell him running the ball is  slightly preferred unless someone is wide open. 

Little more difficult to do against Trinity.

• theguru changed the title to Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Little more difficult to do against Trinity.

Yeah but you might as well try. Nothing to lose.  Trinity isn’t your uncle’s Trinity. You only get a guy like Crone at QB senior year like every 20 years.  Take a shot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

What games was Crone not playing? I feel like no-Crone SK is like 24 points worse than SK with Crone at least. 

SK was beating Southwestern before Crone got injured. Also starting RB Jayden Lawson was out that game. Both Crone and Lawson didn’t play against Beechwood.