Breathitt Co. 66 Knott Co.52

JCS

Good win for the Bobcats. Hollan had a big game and was shooting well after a tough night against Letcher. Breathitt had a hard time pulling away in the first half mainly because of foul trouble on their guards. Fugate pretty much shut the talented Stamper down. Congrats Bobcats.

Congrats to the Bobcats ! Don't know whats going on with Knott they are not winning like they should !

I was hoping Knott would be better this year but it looks like another down year for them after falling to 3-7 on the year.

I'm gonna have to agree with JCS in the other reply about you always picking Breathitt to lose. You must be in with Jackson someway maybe closer than we thank. And by the way I have no money in the breathitt co school system. Beside paying taxes! I'm just a basketball fan. See you later o buddy,until next time when you pick the bobcats to lose.:D

I'm gonna have to agree with JCS in the other reply about you always picking Breathitt to lose. You must be in with Jackson someway maybe closer than we thank. And by the way I have no money in the breathitt co school system. Beside paying taxes! I'm just a basketball fan. See you later o buddy,until next time when you pick the bobcats to lose.:D

Don't think he was talking about you having money in the system. ;)

I thought Knott played really well at times. They have a couple of kids who are quick as lightening and one who can really get up there on rebounds. They look young, although I don't know if they are. It was a closer game then the final indicates as I thought Knott sort of got away from doing the things they had done well the whole game, in the last few minutes. Down by around 10 with 5 minutes left they started chucking up 3's and most were not good selections. But, that's a correctable thing and I'm sure they will do so.

Breathitt is becoming a pretty solid little team although they still have some weaknesses that can be exploited and we saw some of that during the Knott game. This is an exciting year all in all.

Don't think he was talking about you having money in the system. ;)

I thought Knott played really well at times. They have a couple of kids who are quick as lightening and one who can really get up there on rebounds. They look young, although I don't know if they are. It was a closer game then the final indicates as I thought Knott sort of got away from doing the things they had done well the whole game, in the last few minutes. Down by around 10 with 5 minutes left they started chucking up 3's and most were not good selections. But, that's a correctable thing and I'm sure they will do so.

Breathitt is becoming a pretty solid little team although they still have some weaknesses that can be exploited and we saw some of that during the Knott game. This is an exciting year all in all.

Knott gets into a "desperate" mode when they are down and only have a few minutes left in the game. They did this in the Breathitt game and the one against Perry Central. It's like they have to shoot the three. If the team is down by 3 with a few seconds left, and they shoot it, I can see that. But with 2-5 minutes left and just putting up 3's? Knott needs to slow it down and look for the best shot. Not to run and pop everytime down the court. It should be corrected and soon. Or Knott's season will be over, soon.

I think the Lindon boy for Knott should play a little more inside. He is quick and it would be hard for a bigger post player to guard him in there. Stamper can get it in there to him and I would think that he could of drawn some fouls on the big Smith kid from Breathitt if they would of tried it. Knott's coach is still learning some things about his team and have been close with some of the best teams in the region, he still has time to get the kinks out and get them ready for the tourney! Good luck in getting it done Patriots.

Wow. What about Breathitt and their wonderful start. Last years team finished very dismal with Coach Hall and now they are truly a regional contender with basically the same kids. Jackson City goes from high atop the mountain to below the middle of the pack? What's up?

I think the Lindon boy for Knott should play a little more inside. He is quick and it would be hard for a bigger post player to guard him in there. Stamper can get it in there to him and I would think that he could of drawn some fouls on the big Smith kid from Breathitt if they would of tried it. Knott's coach is still learning some things about his team and have been close with some of the best teams in the region, he still has time to get the kinks out and get them ready for the tourney! Good luck in getting it done Patriots.
Very well put Master ! The ball needs to be in guards hand on point more for this to happen !!

Another year of experience makes a big difference for Breathitt and the amount of playing time from 4 good freshman that they didn't have last year makes a big difference. Jackson City lost a lot no matter what people think, yes they still have Davidson, but need more than that to compete in this region. Coach Hall is a great coach and Coach Banks is doing a heck of a job, hope your not trying to insinuate something else, because I think coach Hall could of done the same thing with the Bobcats this year. It's easy to win when you come into a group of kids that can already play the game and have been well coached for years.

Not trying to insinuate anything. Just a twist of irony in Breathitt Co. Didn't like Baker,fell out of love with Hall and wonder how long the relationship with Banks will last. If I am insinuating anything it is the fact that if you are going to build a "program" then it takes time and consistency. Al Holland at PCC comes to mind. I know they are one of the largest schools in the 14th but they just reload and they have a program that competes year end and year out regardless of the talent level. If anyone is it fault it would be administration for not attempting to keep some continuity in their program. We have lived that in the community I live in and it is not easy to overcome every single year with new coaches and styles.