Harrison County 45 Pendleton County 44

Same team. Pendleton lost A BUNCH to graduation. I only hung around for a little while; Pendleton was in a 12-2 hole before getting their act together, taking the lead 21-20 I think. Maybe someone at the game can give more details; otherwise I'll just post a summary from the Ledger in the morning).

Same team. Pendleton lost A BUNCH to graduation. I only hung around for a little while; Pendleton was in a 12-2 hole before getting their act together, taking the lead 21-20 I think. Maybe someone at the game can give more details; otherwise I'll just post a summary from the Ledger in the morning).

We all know PC lost a "BUNCH" to graduation, but from what I've heard about all their young talent and Hurri-Kane; I'm still shocked that the 'Breds were able to pull off the upset?? In particular, HC hasn't showed that good of defense?? How many points did they hold Kane to??

Our fellow BGPers like to pump up their school, no harm in that. Fact remains that Pendleton is now 3-6 against an ambitious schedule but still losing to Dixie, Newport and not a Harrison County squad that is down by most accounts. Pendleton looked absolutely horrible the first few minutes of the game.

Don't know Belcher's final stats (I came home to watch the Sugar Bowl and was rewarded with Notre Dame's annual bowl disaster:D ); I think that when Pendleton went up 21-20 he had something like 4 points at that time.

I did predict Pendleton by 6, so I saw the final as a mild upset.

Harrison County trailed pretty much the whole second half, when it got down to crutch times Pendleton did not make their free throws, or they would turn the ball over. It was a 1 point game with 35 seconds on the clock. Harrison brought the ball down the court and wasted some time passing the ball around before finally calling a time out to set up a play. They set up a play and the guy went baseline on the Pendleton County defender and found an open teammate under the basket to score the game winning field goal with about 3 seconds left. Pendleton County called time out threw the ball in raced down court, but didn't get the shot off before the buzzer sounded.

Pendleton County was a little shaky down the stretch against the half court trap and that is due to the limited experience they have at the guard spot. Missed free throws down the stretch and the fact that Harrison connected on theirs was the difference. Belcher is not 6'10, legit 6'7 but didn't look to score in the first half. These guys have limited varsity experience and the bad part is that most are seniors so very little time for Coach Simms and staff to bring everyone on board in big games and tournament games. Still trying to find identity from the players but the good thing is its only January and that is why they play the games to get better and finish down the stretch. Harrison will pass, pass, pass you to death in their man to man offense which is nothing more than a flex offense but they will pull you into a nap and back door you to death and that is what happened last night on that last play.

I think Pendleton County needs to get Kane Belcher more touches.. He would shoot every possession... I have seen them play on more than one occassion and it seems like to me that the guards have problems getting him the ball.. An in order for Coach Sims to make sure he touches the ball he has to let him run the point.. 6'7" or 6'10" doesnt matter... the kid has a really nice touch from behind the arc... Kane is a great player, but I just wish that he had some other people around him that could get him the ball.

I think Pendleton County needs to get Kane Belcher more touches.. He would shoot every possession... I have seen them play on more than one occassion and it seems like to me that the guards have problems getting him the ball.. An in order for Coach Sims to make sure he touches the ball he has to let him run the point.. 6'7" or 6'10" doesnt matter... the kid has a really nice touch from behind the arc... Kane is a great player, but I just wish that he had some other people around him that could get him the ball.
:thumb:

This has been the problem in the games I have seen him play.

Point guard is the most important position on the floor. Wildcat fans are just now realizing how good Tyler Mains was.

I am not sure this is true. I heard from many fans last season and this season how much Tyler was going to be missed. Anyone that knows anything about Basketball knows how important the PG is.

In all respect, most everything that has been said is true, but on another hand, our boys are just now learning to play together as a team, and as far as that goes, they continue to be playing younger players than in the first part of the season. Our starters have changed 2 to 3 times, so they are definetly learning from player to player and hopefully if not by the end of the season, maybe next year they can even be better.... I know some will say different, but hey everyone has one right!!!!