2022-2023 Bengals Football (Information, Predictions, & General Discussion)

As many of you already I am a huge Bengals fan and supporter (homer lol). I am really down about how the season ended yesterday, but I am really excited and fired up with what the future for the Cincinnati Bengals football team could hold for next year and several more to come. I wished it would start back next month. Go Bengals!!

• Thanks 1

Now after my initial post some serious things about this season that just concluded and looking ahead.

As I said above I am a big Bengals fan and sometimes see things through orange colored glasses. 

However, when looking at this past season all (21 games) some interesting data:

1) While it was a magical regular season and playoff run a more serious look shows the following: Out of the Bengals 8 losses 5 were to non-playoff teams.

2) Out of the Bengals 13 total wins 6 of them were walk off FG's.

3) 5 of the Bengals 8 losses were by a combined total of 15 points (5 losses each by 3 points)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think the first move is to sign two or three free agent offensive linemen. 

I agree 1000% plus the Bengals will be well below the salary cap and hopefully Mr. Brown will see that if he will spend a little money for the next 3-5 years it could pay huge dividends for himself and the Bengals franchise.

• Like 1

It’s easy to think that this should be the start of a great run. We are young, very talented, and have Joe Burrow. So easy to think fix the line and this could be a magical run. With that said it is so dang hard to even make the Super Bowl. Then when you factor in injuries, even some luck being needed, and just how loaded the AFC is. It’s going to be a dog fight every year just to get out of the AFC. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I think the first move is to sign two or three free agent offensive linemen. 

1 hour ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Absolutely. Don't rely on fixing the line in the draft. Go get PROVEN guys to help supplement the rest of your offense.

I just said something similar in the other thread. Don't rely on the draft to fix the offensive line. Rookie linemen are a long shot to help right away, especially drafting late. Sign free agents and/or trade draft picks and get experienced quality linemen who can help now.

• Like 3

Bengals biggest need as repeated over and over, is linemen.

That said, I think the biggest issues are the Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, Titans and the rest of the AFC. Only 3 teams failed to win at least 7 games...in short the AFC is loaded.

It takes so many things to break in your favor, some luck and staying somewhat injury free just to reach the playoffs. 

I really think the Bengals hit a homerun with their coach and if he is supported I think he'll do great things for the Bengals.

19 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I agree with using a majority of the cap money on FA offensive linemen.  Also using a majority of the draft picks on the same.   Go into camp with as many as possible and take the best 8 or so into the season.

The problem with that strategy is you are fixing one problem at the expense of others.  If they don't resign some people they also will need a S, CB, TE, and DT.  They have a lot to consider.  

45 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

The problem with that strategy is you are fixing one problem at the expense of others.  If they don't resign some people they also will need a S, CB, TE, and DT.  They have a lot to consider.  

They have the cap space to do it. And now they are a preferred destination.

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

It’s easy to think that this should be the start of a great run. We are young, very talented, and have Joe Burrow. So easy to think fix the line and this could be a magical run. With that said it is so dang hard to even make the Super Bowl. Then when you factor in injuries, even some luck being needed, and just how loaded the AFC is. It’s going to be a dog fight every year just to get out of the AFC. 

I'll go one step further and say that it will tough to even make the playoffs inside the AFC North.  I think the Bengals got the other three teams at slightly less than their best this year.  Everyone will be looking to improve.  The Bengals will not surprise anyone anymore.  I'd love to have the Bengals always qualifying for the playoffs, but part of me is not so sure.  This was a wonderful year where a lot fell in place.  Eventually these young players will want to be paid substantially more than they are now.