2022-2023 Bengals Football (Information, Predictions, & General Discussion)

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

With CJ leaving I feel the Bengals are incredibly weak at TE.  Considering we signed a couple of FA OL, TE has to be our top need now. 

I'm sure Gronk won't come to Cincy now with his buddy coming back to TB.

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

Guessing they feel Sample/Moss or a draft pick or someone else wouldn't be that much of a drop off and they don't have to pay $8 mil a year.

There is still a few solid TEs available right now, with possibly more upside than Uzomah. However, you do lose the leadership he brought. 

8 hours ago, Tones said:

I missed on who the C would be, but hit on us going hard after C and RG.

10 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

By comparison...

G Hakeem Adeniji - 48.3

C Trey Hopkins - 51.4

Are we sure they signed Kappas to play Center? He played left guard for the Patriots last year, and it was the best year of his career. Better than any year has had at center. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does end up at LG. He gives them position flexibility which is good. At the moment they can keep Hopkins, or still draft Linderbaum if he falls to them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theguru said:

Are we going to sign a RT?

I don’t think they are done yet. However, interior of the line was definitely needing address first because that has been their biggest issue. There are still plenty of options available at there in FA for RT and or via Trade like Collins too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

And losing the DT hurts big time.

They have more than enough DT depth to overcome that. He's a big loss, but not insurmountable, especially with signing Hill back. They have a couple young guys that a lot of people considered close but didn't really get game reps with the DT health they had last year. 

Given the current roster status, Uzomah is the bigger loss for sure because I don't see Sample filling that roll. 

57 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Looking at TE free agents, and I don't think I've seen these guys names as signed yet:

Eric Ebron

Gerald Everett

Robert Tonyan

Jared Cook

Tyler Kroft

Maxx Williams

Anthony Firkser

OJ Howard

Seems like there are plenty of names out there.

Got to be honest...none of those names are blowing me away.  Saw one draft predictor say maybe they go after Jeremy Ruckert (OSU) in the 3rd round for that position.

Was reminded last night that the Bengals will be getting some help on the D-line, without having to use the draft or sign a free agent, as Joseph Ossai will be coming back from his knee injury that made him miss the entire season last year.  I had totally forgotten about him.  Hopefully he can still be productive and give some rest to Hendrickson and Hubbard, who both seemed to be out there on each and every play.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

They have more than enough DT depth to overcome that. He's a big loss, but not insurmountable, especially with signing Hill back. They have a couple young guys that a lot of people considered close but didn't really get game reps with the DT health they had last year. 

Given the current roster status, Uzomah is the bigger loss for sure because I don't see Sample filling that roll. 

Also, I think Hubbard gets more reps at DT this year although that will likely be in passing situations. Who will be the 1st down run stuffing DT alongside Reader?

• Like 1