2022-2023 Bengals Football (Information, Predictions, & General Discussion)

4 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Bengals have their free agent TE signing.  One year deal for former Falcon Hayden Hurst.  Last year he had 26 receptions for 221 yards and 3 TD's.

I'd love to see Hayden do well here in Cincinnati.  For one, he's a South Carolina Gamecock.  For another, he has been very open about his attempted suicide back in college in 2016 and has a foundation started with his mother to help people deal with anxiety and depression and to avoid coming to the choice he had to make in 2016.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I hope the doctors say he is ok. If healthy, this would be great for the Bengals.

I just read a quick article from CincyJungle.com and passing a physical/health appears to be the one unknown.   Hopefully he is 100% and we sign him.

47 minutes ago, theguru said:

I just read a quick article from CincyJungle.com and passing a physical/health appears to be the one unknown.   Hopefully he is 100% and we sign him.

I believe health is an issue. He had a hip problem and missed 2020. He also was suspended 5 games last year for missing drug tests. Probably why Dallas was ok letting him go and why no team made a trade for him. Dallas gave his agent permission to try and find a trade and it didn't happen. The Bengals might be able to get him on a lower cost deal than what he had and/or one with out clauses.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I believe health is an issue. He had a hip problem and missed 2020. He also was suspended 5 games last year for missing drug tests. Probably why Dallas was ok letting him go and why no team made a trade for him. Dallas gave his agent permission to try and find a trade and it didn't happen. The Bengals might be able to get him on a lower cost deal than what he had and/or one with out clauses.

As an outsider looking in that is what I see too.

4 hours ago, brown4 said:

Looks like the Bengals signed La’el Collins. 

They did.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33558280/former-dallas-cowboys-lineman-lael-collins-agrees-three-year-contract-cincinnati-bengals

'"Deal done?" Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow asked Collins, the inquiry posed with multiple questions marks. Collins had a simple answer.

"I was like, 'Yeah, your new bodyguard is in town,'" Collins said in a video statement released by the Bengals on Sunday. "Nobody is touching you."'

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

It looks like the Bengals have a bit of flexibility now with that first round pick.  I'd love for them to trade up and be in a position to pick Sauce.

Would be awesome, but would have to give up way to much to move up to get him. I think he will be gone in the top 10. 

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

It looks like the Bengals have a bit of flexibility now with that first round pick.  I'd love for them to trade up and be in a position to pick Sauce.

I'd say it's more likely that they will trade their 1st rounder for multiple 2nd and 3rd day picks.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Would be awesome, but would have to give up way to much to move up to get him. I think he will be gone in the top 10. 

Hey fc, what two positions do you think the Bengals need to focus on in the draft?

Just now, REALSPORT said:

I'd say it's more likely that they will trade their 1st rounder for multiple 2nd and 3rd day picks.  

What makes you think that and what couple of positions would you go after first if you were in charge?